Incredible Hulk 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope this is good. Edward Norton and Tim Roth are two of my favorite actors.

Let's see David Banner curbstomp someone.

So now Hollywood is remaking movies that aren't even 5 years old?

Pretty soon we'll have a remake of Transformers.

A friend of mine has been really good friends with Ed Norton since childhood. Ed was really excited about the movie, so I'm hoping it's good. He's not exactly who I would think of for the role, but in a way that kind of intrigues me...

BEAL said:
So now Hollywood is remaking movies that aren't even 5 years old?

Pretty soon we'll have a remake of Transformers.

Remake? I think it's suppose to be somewhat of a continuation just with a complete new cast or just a start of a new franchise.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Remake? I think it's suppose to be somewhat of a continuation just with a complete new cast or just a start of a new franchise.

Yep, no different than going from Batman Returns to Batman Forever... hopefully not as terrible as a transition though.

It's not exactly a remake, but it's not supposed to be a sequel or continuation either, is it? Regardless, I'm sure I'll go see it.

I'm sure no one terrible cares about this film too much. Especially considering we got a Hulk film not too long ago. I'm fairly convinced Ang Lee's film is going to remain superior to this version as well. I mean, we're supposed to expect anything above pure mediocrity from the director of Transporter 2?

Ang Lee's film at least tried to do something different, and really tried to visually portray the sense of reading a comic book. A noble failure, if it even is one. I think the source material is just too goofy and could never make a great film like some of the other classic figures.

Good point. The incredible hulk is just too cartoony of a mythos and character to translate well to anything other than animation. That said, Lee's film really is interesting to watch even if it doesn't fully succeed.

I thought I was one of the only people on the internet who at least respected Ang Lee's version. Glad to see some semi-positive comments from L&L on it as well.

Going to sound a bit nerdy on this, but anyone else reminded of Gears of War by the "bad-Hulk monster" in the trailer?

u2popmofo said:

Going to sound a bit nerdy on this, but anyone else reminded of Gears of War by the "bad-Hulk monster" in the trailer?

Yes! It looked exactly like a Berserker.

Back
Top Bottom