Inaccessible Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

:up:

If only some of the classic episodes were on in NZ right now.

If only Friends would fuck off and The Simpsons were reinstated in the 6pm weekday timeslot here. :(

Sadly, when choosing between decent food and staying on my arse in front of the computer... well, the last few days' postwhoring should give a clue about how that dilemma usually ends.

Gah!

Stop talking about food!

I missed out on tea, because I was playing my guitar and apparently mum yelled out and the message wasn't received

So Now Its my fault :madspit:

Alisaura said:
Sadly, when choosing between decent food and staying on my arse in front of the computer... well, the last few days' postwhoring should give a clue about how that dilemma usually ends.

:)

mars bar for brekkie, skittles for lunch, pie for tea .

Axver said:
If only Friends would fuck off and The Simpsons were reinstated in the 6pm weekday timeslot here. :(
I'm completely over Friends. I was never really into it (not once I realised what a knob Ross is, after everyone I knew mentioned him when I said I was into palaeontology), but my housemates are addicted and watch all the repeats on Foxtel. :crack:

The episodes with Bruce Willis are good, but the rest... :down:

mysterious_jen said:

Personally, I'm most looking forward to all the money you guys will bring me as part of the bargain. :drool:

Maybe I wouldn't need that money if Ali would pull some strings and let me have my electricity for free. :tsk:

bono_man2002 said:
Gah!

Stop talking about food!

I missed out on tea, because I was playing my guitar and apparently mum yelled out and the message wasn't received

So Now Its my fault :madspit:

DANIEL = OWNED.

Just hop in the car and come down. I can make quesadillas. They're filling.

What, you're not that hungry? Especially not when I tell you it'll cost you? Why, I'm shocked!

mysterious_jen said:
tim tam double coat :drool:

Sadly, though, those are barely better than ordinarily Tim Tams of a decade ago. I swear they're making them smaller, with less chocolate, and lower quality chocolate. :down:

Alisaura said:

:lol:

Most of my dinners are quick to cook. I hate having to spend ages cooking something, especially if it's just for me. Only lasagne really takes a while, and it's worth the time investment because it creates ~6 dinners. I freeze the five I don't eat and there's five easy meals down the track.

Axver said:

DANIEL = OWNED.

Just hop in the car and come down. I can make quesadillas. They're filling.

What, you're not that hungry? Especially not when I tell you it'll cost you? Why, I'm shocked!

I'm so far out of town its too far to even drive in and get a pizza. espeically the way fuel costs are these days.

Oh well. I'll survive, its the old silent protest in my room going on :lol:

Might pop some Fraiser on in the background to chillax a little.

Alisaura said:

I'm completely over Friends. I was never really into it (not once I realised what a knob Ross is, after everyone I knew mentioned him when I said I was into palaeontology), but my housemates are addicted and watch all the repeats on Foxtel. :crack:

The episodes with Bruce Willis are good, but the rest... :down:

I've always hated Friends. It just looks like unfunny bollocks, and the one time I tried to watch it, I fell asleep within 10 minutes - and I wasn't even tired. It would never come on my TV set. So I don't even know what the connection between Ross and palaeontology is (which, by the sounds of it, would be a relief to you!).

bono_man2002 said:
I'm so far out of town its too far to even drive in and get a pizza. espeically the way fuel costs are these days.

Oh well. I'll survive, its the old silent protest in my room going on :lol:

Might pop some Fraiser on in the background to chillax a little.

I'd post you my leftovers if ... well, there are no leftovers. So you're a bit out of luck on that front.

You could always go and cook something for yourself, or are you a f00d n00b? :wink:

I like Friends. I don't Love it with a Passion.

Not as much as Seinfeld, Scrubs, Home Improvement, Arrested Development, and my newly beloved favorite, Seattle's finest....Dr. Frasier Crane!

mysterious_jen said:
friends - what a fucking load of shite.

brittish comedy any day :up:

young ones :drool:

BRITISH COMEDY FTMFW.

Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Black Books, Dad's Army, Goodnight Sweetheart, technically Father Ted ... :drool:

bono_man2002 said:
I like Friends. I don't Love it with a Passion.

Not as much as Seinfeld, Scrubs, Home Improvement, Arrested Development, and my newly beloved favorite, Seattle's finest....Dr. Frasier Crane!

As far as American comedy goes, I enjoy Seinfeld, Frasier, M*A*S*H, and some Home Improvement. I wouldn't consider any of them even remotely on the level of Fawlty Towers or really most British comedy.

American humour generally lacks sophistication and nuance though. Too many cheap and tacky laughs.

Axver said:
I've always hated Friends. It just looks like unfunny bollocks, and the one time I tried to watch it, I fell asleep within 10 minutes - and I wasn't even tired. It would never come on my TV set. So I don't even know what the connection between Ross and palaeontology is (which, by the sounds of it, would be a relief to you!).
Ross is a palaeontologist. He is also a whiny little bitch.

In fact, as far as comedy goes, I would go so far as saying Fawlty Towers is and always will be the benchmark for humour. I don't know how anybody is meant to top that. I can see people a few generations from now having this very conversation and telling Fawlty jokes.

Axver said:
In fact, as far as comedy goes, I would go so far as saying Fawlty Towers is and always will be the benchmark for humour. I don't know how anybody is meant to top that. I can see people a few generations from now having this very conversation and telling Fawlty jokes.

john cleese :bow: :bow:

Axver said:
As far as American comedy goes, I enjoy Seinfeld, Frasier, M*A*S*H, and some Home Improvement. I wouldn't consider any of them even remotely on the level of Fawlty Towers or really most British comedy.

American humour generally lacks sophistication and nuance though. Too many cheap and tacky laughs.
M*A*S*H is awesome.

Fawlty Towers is sophisticated and has no tacky laughs?

I read something in U2 by U2 where Paul McGuinness apparently lost his temper at a small crappy car and did an unintentional impression of Basil Fawlty beating the crap out of his car with a branch.

I lolled muchly. :lol:

Alisaura said:

Blackadder. :up:

Fuck, I can't believe I didn't list that. That's my second favourite after Fawlty! Though Black Books may be taking over.

Honestly, the first series of Blackadder isn't actually very funny, but beyond that, it's so fucking hysterical. I remember the first time I watched it. It was an episode from the third series and my sides hurt within 10 minutes.

Alisaura said:

Ross is a palaeontologist. He is also a whiny little bitch.

Ahh, right. Though he's probably a paleontologist, since Americans can't spell, so you're in the clear. :wink:

Axver said:

I'd post you my leftovers if ... well, there are no leftovers. So you're a bit out of luck on that front.

You could always go and cook something for yourself, or are you a f00d n00b? :wink:

I'm tired, not feeling too well I'll probably go get something to snack on later.

I had a big lunch I've eaten alright.

I'm sorta a Food Newbie. I can still cook a Stake and vegies., Macaroni and Scones :lol:

Axver said:
And there's only what, 12 episodes? Eight?

Personally, Blackadder and most of Python > Fawlty Towers, mostly cos I don't like the abusive overtones (how Basil treats Manuel, and Sybil for that matter)... :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom