Inaccessible Island Superthread - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 AM   #286
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Ballarat's too ... not Melbourne.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:08 AM   #287
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Trams only matter if you're obsessed with trams...
(I was surprised to see that they've built a tram line all the way out along Burwood Highway (or one of those roads)... bit of a shock when I first drove past it.)

Monash has trees.

And a professor of Vertebrate Palaeontology.

__________________

__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:09 AM   #288
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Ballarat's too ... not Melbourne.
Its still awesome though.

I only haven't really spent any time in Bendigo. Have some friends over there, that I don't really keep in contact with anymore.

But I love the Rat!
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:11 AM   #289
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 10:41 AM
I've met two people who come from Bendigo... they're both scary in their own way. My brother lives there now, and I'm a little concerned.
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:11 AM   #290
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

(I was surprised to see that they've built a tram line all the way out along Burwood Highway (or one of those roads)... bit of a shock when I first drove past it.)
I think its the Burwood Hwy. at least thats on the way to Chadstone and Deakin Uni I think.......

But what do I know, I'm from Shep
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:11 AM   #291
Blue Crack Addict
 
liamcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Posts: 16,695
Local Time: 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
I've met two people who come from Bendigo... they're both scary in their own way. My brother lives there now, and I'm a little concerned.
__________________
liamcool is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:11 AM   #292
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
Trams only matter if you're obsessed with trams...
(I was surprised to see that they've built a tram line all the way out along Burwood Highway (or one of those roads)... bit of a shock when I first drove past it.)

Monash has trees.

And a professor of Vertebrate Palaeontology.

Not just if you're obsessed with trams! If you simply don't have a car, you rather need easy public transport access. Monash wholly fails on that account.

And is that the 86 out to Bundoora RMIT? That must be an absolute pain in the arse long trip.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #293
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002


Its still awesome though.

I only haven't really spent any time in Bendigo. Have some friends over there, that I don't really keep in contact with anymore.

But I love the Rat!
I haven't been to either Ballarat or Bendigo.

I badly want to see more of Victoria. I'd really love to do the Great Ocean Road.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #294
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

And is that the 86 out to Bundoora RMIT? That must be an absolute pain in the arse long trip.
It takes nearly an hour, well into the city. Nick (who you met at U2) Lives out that way, and when I used to stay at his place, we used to either tram/drive to his girlfriends place in Northcote and then train into the city, which cut like 20 minutes off the trip!
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:14 AM   #295
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Nah, Bundoora's northward, I had to get out there to a class at La Trobe once. THAT sucked donkey bollocks, by PT or by car. This one goes out eastwards....

It's not that complicated to get to Monash... Pakenham/Cranbourne train, 630 bus from Huntingdale, piece of piss.

I need to think about bed... *turns electric blanket on*
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 AM   #296
Blue Crack Addict
 
bono_man2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the wrong band
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver


I haven't been to either Ballarat or Bendigo.

I badly want to see more of Victoria. I'd really love to do the Great Ocean Road.
I love driving around. Even If I have to donate a kidney to pay for petrol.

I've done the great ocean road a bit when I was little. And went to Lorne last August.

Its a great drive.
__________________
bono_man2002 is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:16 AM   #297
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bono_man2002


It takes nearly an hour, well into the city. Nick (who you met at U2) Lives out that way, and when I used to stay at his place, we used to either tram/drive to his girlfriends place in Northcote and then train into the city, which cut like 20 minutes off the trip!
Yeah, for long trips, the train's always going to make more sense.

I feel sorry for people who have to ride St Kilda Road tram routes at peak times. Ick. They really need to add two extra tracks there just to boost capacity. There's room.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #298
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,010
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
Nah, Bundoora's northward, I had to get out there to a class at La Trobe once. THAT sucked donkey bollocks, by PT or by car. This one goes out eastwards....

It's not that complicated to get to Monash... Pakenham/Cranbourne train, 630 bus from Huntingdale, piece of piss.

I need to think about bed... *turns electric blanket on*
I've no idea which highway's which, not being a driver. I think the one near me is the Tullamarine Fwy, but that's it.

And see, this is the problem, you have to change modes of transport! All I have to do is hop on a tram and I'm there 17 minutes later!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:17 AM   #299
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Alisaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 30,442
Local Time: 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I badly want to see more of Victoria. I'd really love to do the Great Ocean Road.
You should do that before any more Apostles fall over...
(I think someone's been doing that water to wine thing again... )

Mum tells me that the fish and chip shop in Port Campbell is legendary... but I forgot to try it while I was there on a field trip. D'oh.
__________________
Alisaura is offline  
Old 02-28-2008, 06:18 AM   #300
Blue Crack Addict
 
mysterious_jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: U2 360 2010 DOWNUNDER
Posts: 15,556
Local Time: 09:11 AM
lorne FTMFW


lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve lorne
__________________

__________________
mysterious_jen is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com