Inaccessible Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Not even proper corn flakes, but cheapo ripoff home brand corn flakes....

And not even play-doh, but mud painted bright colours to look like play-doh.

Axver said:
We're still cooler than Monash.

Way, way cooler.

You know it's the truth.
:tsk:

Such a sad delusion. Monash has the mangled wreckage of the Westgate Bridge out the front of the Engineering building ("That's how NOT to build bridges, kids!"), and the Arts building is known to sway in a high wind. And there's a reserve with wallabies in it... the international students love that. :wink:

Alisaura said:

:tsk:

Such a sad delusion. Monash has the mangled wreckage of the Westgate Bridge out the front of the Engineering building ("That's how NOT to build bridges, kids!"), and the Arts building is known to sway in a high wind. And there's a reserve with wallabies in it... the international students love that. :wink:

Meanwhile, at Melbourne University, the architecture is sound, the trams are plentiful, the library is larger, and the whole place is made of boatloads of win.

Axver said:
Meanwhile, at Melbourne University, the architecture is sound, the trams are plentiful, the library is larger, and the whole place is made of boatloads of win.
Monash has the JML, though, which wins all on its own. Plus they got Zone 1 extended into the bus loop from Huntingdale station, just so the poor students can get into the city without buying a zone 1 and 2 ticket... so nyah. :p
(You could get a Zone 3 ticket from there on the bus to D'nong too, back when Zone 3 existed.)

See, this is Monash's problem - it's so far out, they even had to get zone 1 extended. Almost every north-south tram route in the bloody city converges on Melbourne Uni!

Trams only matter if you're obsessed with trams... :whistle:
(I was surprised to see that they've built a tram line all the way out along Burwood Highway (or one of those roads)... bit of a shock when I first drove past it.)

Monash has trees.

And a professor of Vertebrate Palaeontology.

:wink:

Axver said:
Ballarat's too ... not Melbourne.

Its still awesome though.

I only haven't really spent any time in Bendigo. Have some friends over there, that I don't really keep in contact with anymore.

But I love the Rat!

I've met two people who come from Bendigo... they're both scary in their own way. My brother lives there now, and I'm a little concerned. :lol: :uhoh:

Alisaura said:

(I was surprised to see that they've built a tram line all the way out along Burwood Highway (or one of those roads)... bit of a shock when I first drove past it.)

I think its the Burwood Hwy. at least thats on the way to Chadstone and Deakin Uni I think.......

But what do I know, I'm from Shep :wink:

Alisaura said:
Trams only matter if you're obsessed with trams... :whistle:

Monash has trees.

And a professor of Vertebrate Palaeontology.

:wink:

Not just if you're obsessed with trams! If you simply don't have a car, you rather need easy public transport access. Monash wholly fails on that account.

And is that the 86 out to Bundoora RMIT? That must be an absolute pain in the arse long trip.

bono_man2002 said:

Its still awesome though.

I only haven't really spent any time in Bendigo. Have some friends over there, that I don't really keep in contact with anymore.

But I love the Rat!

I haven't been to either Ballarat or Bendigo. :(

I badly want to see more of Victoria. I'd really love to do the Great Ocean Road.

Axver said:

And is that the 86 out to Bundoora RMIT? That must be an absolute pain in the arse long trip.

It takes nearly an hour, well into the city. Nick (who you met at U2) Lives out that way, and when I used to stay at his place, we used to either tram/drive to his girlfriends place in Northcote and then train into the city, which cut like 20 minutes off the trip!

Nah, Bundoora's northward, I had to get out there to a class at La Trobe once. THAT sucked donkey bollocks, by PT or by car. This one goes out eastwards....

It's not that complicated to get to Monash... Pakenham/Cranbourne train, 630 bus from Huntingdale, piece of piss. :wink:

I need to think about bed... *turns electric blanket on*

Axver said:

I haven't been to either Ballarat or Bendigo. :(

I badly want to see more of Victoria. I'd really love to do the Great Ocean Road.

I love driving around. Even If I have to donate a kidney to pay for petrol.

I've done the great ocean road a bit when I was little. And went to Lorne last August.

Its a great drive.

bono_man2002 said:

It takes nearly an hour, well into the city. Nick (who you met at U2) Lives out that way, and when I used to stay at his place, we used to either tram/drive to his girlfriends place in Northcote and then train into the city, which cut like 20 minutes off the trip!

Yeah, for long trips, the train's always going to make more sense.

I feel sorry for people who have to ride St Kilda Road tram routes at peak times. Ick. They really need to add two extra tracks there just to boost capacity. There's room.

Alisaura said:
Nah, Bundoora's northward, I had to get out there to a class at La Trobe once. THAT sucked donkey bollocks, by PT or by car. This one goes out eastwards....

It's not that complicated to get to Monash... Pakenham/Cranbourne train, 630 bus from Huntingdale, piece of piss. :wink:

I need to think about bed... *turns electric blanket on*

I've no idea which highway's which, not being a driver. I think the one near me is the Tullamarine Fwy, but that's it.

And see, this is the problem, you have to change modes of transport! All I have to do is hop on a tram and I'm there 17 minutes later!

Axver said:
You should do that before any more Apostles fall over...
(I think someone's been doing that water to wine thing again... :tsk: )

Mum tells me that the fish and chip shop in Port Campbell is legendary... but I forgot to try it while I was there on a field trip. D'oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom