In your opinion which TV show had the best Series Finally??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
For me it has to be Six Feet Under!!

Deadwood is in second place (I hope they do bring out the movies)

Then of course my beloved X-Files.

Oh yeah Next Gen. Did have a great ending also. they should have made that into a movie.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Newhart (brilliant finale!)

I can't vote for the X-Files because by the end they had made such a mess of it, it was too little too late.

corianderstem said:

I can't vote for the X-Files because by the end they had made such a mess of it, it was too little too late.

I know but still one of the best shows ever!

Star Trek TNG had a strong finale, so did Deadwood and Six Feet Under. Manimal did, too. That's a joke. I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch (Did Hill Street Blues have a great ending???). Also, just to toss this in, but, the SEASON finale of The Wire was one of the best shows I've ever seen, ending an amazing season. Season 5 will be the last for this show, sadly.

Seinfeld's finale was actually kind of weak, I thought...especially considering it aired right after a Seinfeld clip show, which was hilarious. It was redeemed a little bit by the very very ending, when Jerry and George end up in a conversation that they actually had in the very first episode.

But, to me, the M*A*S*H finale was the best ever. Just my opinion, but, that's my favorite.

Justin24 said:
Then of course my beloved X-Files.

Really? I was extremely disappointed with that finale. Such an awesome show, such a crappy end. I agree with corianderstem - it was too little, too late by the time the show actually ended. :(

Gilligan's Island :laugh: (cause in the original series they NEVER got off the island... the show was just cancelled)

I love loose ends :wink:

The X-Files had a great final episode.

Gotta agree and say TNG had a great finale too.

How about Arrested Development?

Seinfeld's wasn't that horrible, in retrospect. It was a bit of a letdown at the time, but when I catch it now in reruns it's pretty good.

Sex and the City had a pretty good one. Even if Carrie did end up with that jerk Big. :wink:

I'm curious to see how a few of my current favorites go out: 24, Grey's Anatomy, and The Sopranos (I'll get to see that soon, last eight episodes begin airing next year).

The West Wing's made me cry. But that was mostly cause the show was ending. The finale was pretty damn good though.

The series finale of 24 will probably be Jack dying.

Ooooh, totally forgot about St. Elsehwere and The BBC Office, the 2 hour special.

So, that makes my list

MASH
Office
ST Elsewhere
Newhart
Deadwood
6 Feet Under
Star Trek TNG

And, again...people, watch The Wire.

I was dissapointed by the Friends finale...it was good but there was a lot of buildup and I excpected it to be slightly better

I loved the Fraiser finale

And Kiefer Sutherland has practically said that Jack Bauer will die in the last season of 24...he said something like there's no way he could keep on evading death, it would be much too unrealistic (even though, yes, there are quite a few aspects of that show that are unrealistic enough as it is)

and I agree about Newhart, though I watched that show when I was younger, and I didn't get it at first, so my mom explained it to me, but now I think it's funny.

I'm trying to think of the one i really like, I know there's some finale that made me cry when I originally saw it...I'll have to come back when I figure out what it was

Back
Top Bottom