in violet light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
the new disc by the tragically hip returns the band to it's past in a sense, where have we heard that before:tsk:, whereas the last two albums, music@work and phantom power, have been a tad more experimental.

this disc is definetely different from their last two or three. i'm not certain whether it is superior in my mind but i do like it. more great lyrics from downie, good solos by langlois(the guitarist) and all around good playing by a tight band. one thing i definetely did notice after one listen(here at work on my mp3 player today) is that the disc is not as overtly canadian(in spite of a track called 'the dark canuck').

aside from the music the disc contains a card with a serial number giving one access to thehipclub.com from which you can download two extra songs, get advance crack at tickets, and i think get deals on merch at shows. a pretty simple yet innovative way to convince people to buy the disc. also, the first single was released two days after the disc to radio and no reviewers had the disc previous to it's release. all this because the past disc was leaked months previous to its release.

can't wait to see this band play live this summer.

Back
Top Bottom