In the words of Kramer: "I'M OUT." - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2005, 10:02 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:08 PM
What I love is people who don't know what they're talking about (truly) think they have it all figured out. Or that they think mods/zine staff just sit around gazing at their navels every day doing the evil plotter laugh thinking that we think we are hot shit.

That's fucking hilarious.

The truth is that we are normal people who have regular jobs and lives and friends who just happen to love U2 and fellow U2 fans SO MUCH that we CHOOSE to dedicate what little precious free time (and work time) to having a great place for U2 fans to congregate and oh yeah, produce stories that U2 fans want to read since Propaganda didn't care to do that.

If people want to dredge up the past, go ahead. I have nothing to hide, and I certainly didn't deceive anyone. Some asshole out there did, and we all got fucked for it. I am not a liar and I am not an asshole. But it's people like the lovely person who started this thread that have convinced me that I don't want to be here much longer either - which is why I'm leaving the site later this year. But not because I don't enjoy undeserved shit being thrown at me or the amazing mods - it's because I no longer care to allow that to take up any of my life. I graduated middle school a long time ago and have nothing else to prove to anyone, let alone complete internet strangers that don't give two flying shit about me (or truth or manners) anyway.

You can't listen to reason with your mouth open and yapping.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:06 AM   #17
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
What I love is people who don't know what they're talking about (truly) think they have it all figured out. Or that they think mods/zine staff just sit around gazing at their navels every day doing the evil plotter laugh thinking that we think we are hot shit.

That's fucking hilarious.

The truth is that we are normal people who have regular jobs and lives and friends who just happen to love U2 and fellow U2 fans SO MUCH that we CHOOSE to dedicate what little precious free time (and work time) to having a great place for U2 fans to congregate and oh yeah, produce stories that U2 fans want to read since Propaganda didn't care to do that.

If people want to dredge up the past, go ahead. I have nothing to hide, and I certainly didn't deceive anyone. Some asshole out there did, and we all got fucked for it. I am not a liar and I am not an asshole. But it's people like the lovely person who started this thread that have convinced me that I don't want to be here much longer either - which is why I'm leaving the site later this year. But not because I don't enjoy undeserved shit being thrown at me or the amazing mods - it's because I no longer care to allow that to take up any of my life. I graduated middle school a long time ago and have nothing else to prove to anyone, let alone complete internet strangers that don't give two flying shit about me (or truth or manners) anyway.

You can't listen to reason with your mouth open and yapping.
Seems you feel a bit sore over issues like this, but you do seem a bit harsh? Putting word's in blahblahblah's mouth almost.

Never mind the chap has gone now, lets let it all go.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:09 AM   #18
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:08 PM
People cant leave this site. I dont care what they say. And I'm willing to bet money that he wont leave unless he's banned. No one ever can.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #19
Refugee

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Its all true.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:14 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Palace_Hero

Seems you feel a bit sore over issues like this, but you do seem a bit harsh? Putting word's in blahblahblah's mouth almost.
Anyone who works on this site has a right to be sore due to all the times we get unceremoniously kicked in the head on a daily basis due to various things and misunderstandings.

Harsh? No. Just expressing myself how I see fit. And no, I didn't put words in his mouth. My words around here don't really matter, and I certainly don't think they do more than anyone elses.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:14 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
People cant leave this site. I dont care what they say. And I'm willing to bet money that he wont leave unless he's banned. No one ever can.
That's a fairly pompous statement to make.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #22
Refugee

Quote:

Anyone who works on this site has a right to be sore due to all the times we get unceremoniously kicked in the head on a daily basis due to various things and misunderstandings.

Harsh? No. Just expressing myself how I see fit. And no, I didn't put words in his mouth. My words around here don't really matter, and I certainly don't think they do more than anyone elses.
I beg to differ. I feel a great deal of weight is placed on your (and your peer's) words, as I have come to realise recently. I certainly feel that others could take a negative stance on blahblahblah by taking a lead from your disapproval.

Just as blahblahblah is free to leave or buy a membership if he doesn't like his status, you are equally so free to quit your moderator position if it causes you such hassle.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #23
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

I'd replace "pompous" with "tounge in cheek" and you might be closer to the truth.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:20 AM   #24
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I'm sorry, I've been here for almost 5 years, how bout you?

It's a pretty much a fact.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #25
BAW
The Flower

Quote:

It's not a pompous statement at all, its a true statement. In the 4 years I've been here, I can't even tell you how many people have started a thread exactly like this one, only to be back a few days or sometimes weeks later. Sometimes it only lasts a few hours. People who go to great lengths to get themselves banned usually end up begging to come back or sneak back in with an alter.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Palace_Hero

I beg to differ. I feel a great deal of weight is placed on your (and your peer's) words, as I have come to realise recently. I certainly feel that others could take a negative stance on blahblahblah by taking a lead from your disapproval.

Just as blahblahblah is free to leave or buy a membership if he doesn't like his status, you are equally so free to quit your moderator position if it causes you such hassle.
I apologize if I came across that way. I have nothing against blahblahblah as a person or forum member. However it is possible to disagree and/or dislike something someone says rather than disliking the person. I don't wish to invite ire towards blahblahblah at all. He has every right to express himself and his aggravations against the forum and site. He made some valid criticisms, and suggestions on how to improve paid memberships are always welcome.

I can't simply walk away from something I made a commitment to 4 years ago to the fans. Keeping the main site (not the forum) fresh along with the zine takes time and energy and love and I am glad to do it. I do however, have a right to comment when things are said that are not accurate or true that people choose to continue to believe.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #27
Refugee

Quote:

I apologize if I came across that way. I have nothing against blahblahblah as a person or forum member. However it is possible to disagree and/or dislike something someone says rather than disliking the person. I don't wish to invite ire towards blahblahblah at all. He has every right to express himself and his aggravations against the forum and site. He made some valid criticisms, and suggestions on how to improve paid memberships are always welcome.

I can't simply walk away from something I made a commitment to 4 years ago to the fans. Keeping the main site (not the forum) fresh along with the zine takes time and energy and love and I am glad to do it. I do however, have a right to comment when things are said that are not accurate or true that people choose to continue to believe.
All that you have just said I do understand and was aware of. I'm glad you said it to because to me it came across in your first post that you were blowing off steam and I think this post confirms that to me.

Don't think for a second I was trying to encourage you to leave, you're one mod in particular I have noticed that does a top job and is very professional. Interference is richer for it.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:14 PM   #28
Banned

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Unzips zipper and pisses on interference. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREEEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 01:15 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
It's true.

When I first came here I didn't expect to post much or to stay long -- 18 months and 4417 posts later, I'm still here.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:18 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

I'm sorry, I've been here for almost 5 years, how bout you?

It's a pretty much a fact.
It's true, people do leave and return...

However, I have noticed that those returning are not the same as they once were (which can be a good thing). The goals of the returning person are not the same as the reasons he/she had for originally joining Interference, which was often a sense of community. Sadly, that is often lost once a person leaves.

That said, I applaud the mods/admins here. There was a time when I could not say this, but I now feel that Interference has become one of the best U2 fan sites, with mods who are supportive, courteous and helpful. It's little wonder, then, that some mods here are offended by the comments written by the original poster.