In Praise of TiVo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Oh you know TiVo - that little darling of a digital recording device/smart VCR/whatever you might call it... TiVo!!

Who has it? Who hasn't heard about it? Who thinks the whole concept is lame?

I love my TiVo - not that I watch oodles of television - but TiVo allows me to watch what I want, when I want to, I can pause live TV, and I never miss anything I want to watch bc TiVo tapes it for me! :up: :heart:

I have a generic version of it. It doesn't work so hot, but I can't live without it now!

I have some very treasured hockey moments thanks to Tivo. :up:

i have an old tivo goes to channel 99

i have cable goes to channel 400

anyways, i love my tivo.

easy to program.

the digital quality is like watching live tv.

yeah for tivo

I have digital TV, but no TiVo in Canada.

I hardly watch TV now anyway, not too heartbroken over it.

anitram said:
I have digital TV, but no TiVo in Canada.

expressvu has their own version. same concept.

i rarely watch anything either. i think i have like 20 simpsons episodes stored on there now. its expensive up here, but thats because the knock offs havent moved in

fwiw, time warner (of course) is now offering dvr (digital video recording) which is the same thing. essentially, it's just like cable. you pay so much per month to rent the box, and also a monthly fee for the service.

anyway, i've not checked any of them out, but i probably should. i'm currently in the process of trying to tape an entire series of a show, which means i am always filling up my vcr with timers. luckily no one's home when i'm recording, or people are sleeping.

but i don't know...i'm already considering buying a dvd recorder because of this, sorta, i wanna make my own dvd series box set.

but, how much a month is it? isn't there also a (huge) flat fee you can pay upfront to never have to pay the monthly fees for tivo? that would be cool. i know tivo's been around forever, so if i ever did go with it, i'd just pay a ton all at once so i wouldn't have to pay for it again unless i wanted to upgrade my box.

I'm waiting until the recordable second-generation DVDs get more common (30 GB blue laser HDTV).

Melon

Back
Top Bottom