In memory of Jerry Garcia: A nod to any Deadheads that frequent this place - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-25-2005, 12:03 PM   #1
War Child
Local Time: 11:45 AM
In memory of Jerry Garcia: A nod to any Deadheads that frequent this place

Since Jerry Garcia died 10 yrs. ago this week, I thought I'd start a thread where any Grateful Dead appreciators could reminisce one more time. Deadheads always have good stories. One of my ex-girlfriends was really into the Dead and turned me on to some of their hillbilly charms. I don't consider myself a Deadhead by a longshot, but I enjoyed my short time around them. So if there's any old Deadheads in B&C crowd this is the thread to share old stories and experiences.

Old 08-25-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
Local Time: 10:45 AM
I remember 10 years ago heading out west from Winnipeg, Canada on a trip to see Elvis Costello at the Edmonton Folk Festival (as well as other stops) and hearing ourselves on the radio (it had been taped earlier in the day) talking about Jerry and the Dead with a true "Dead Head" friend of ours that had seen over 100 shows!!! As we headed out west on the Trans Canada highway that day little did we know we would end up in San Francisco 8 days later - on Haight and Ashbury and Golden Gate park with thousands of Deadheads. Although I would never consider myself a Deadhead I did see over 12 shows beginning in 1982. I have nothing but fond memories of the shows including the parking lot parties and all the characters I was lucky enough to have met. There will never be anything like the Grateful Dead and the Dead shows. One of my favorite things to do in the mid 80's was to try and turn certain Deadheads onto U2's music - sometimes it actually worked. I miss Jerry and I miss those road trips to see the Dead. R.I.P.

Old 08-26-2005, 12:30 AM   #3
War Child
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Holy jesus, it's been 10 years!?
I cried like an idiot that day.
One of the funnest concerts I'd ever been to.
Dylan opened
Old 08-26-2005, 12:56 AM   #4
War Child
Local Time: 03:45 PM
Saw them in Las Vegas in the early summer of 95. The heat was just oppressive but I'll never forget the vibe of the place when they started playing "Sugar Magnolia", made enduring the heat, and the horrendous sunburn, all worth it!

Was glad that I got to see them once in my life.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:36 PM   #5
The Fly
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Driving my Train, High on Cocaine, Casey Jones you better watch your speed

Long live Jerry Garcia!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:19 PM   #6
War Child
Local Time: 03:45 PM
I'm not a deadhead at all. However, got to see them at RFK in DC, believe it was '95. My hippie girlfriend dragged me to see them. The vibe was enjoyable; the music was not. But I think Jerry was fantastic.
My sis is a deadhead who had been to many shows and met her husband at a show. Jerry is missed.