in a west end town in a dead end world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
with the east end boys and the west end girls.

dedicated to the fabulous pet shop boys. i'll admit i only have their discography collection, but it's all wonderful music. they're probably the only artistes from my 80s period (was i the only fourteen year old spandau ballet fan? i think so) that i still listen to. i might get some **** for this, but i loved their cover of streets, and west end girls, left to my own devices, it's a sin, love comes quickly and especially being boring are excellent songs. yay or nay?

PSB's have some great stuff. My fave song is their cover of "Always On My Mind." I do not, however , like their cover of Street. It blows.:no:

Yertle (OK if I abbreviate?),

My story is exactly the same as you. I also only have Discography (and their Paninaro single), but they can create a great pop tune. And yes, their version of Where The Streets Have No Name is good too (although still a lot less than the original, but that one was stellar).

My favs?
Being Boring! :up:
Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money)
Streets
Rent

:wave:

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Here is a PSB joke (told by Neil Tennant himself in an interview once)
How many Pet Shop Boys does it take to change a lightbulb?
Two, one to change the lightbulb and another one to look bored.
:D

I've got several PSB albums...I own Introspective, Very, Discography, and Nightlife. All are excellent.

I also like their cover of Streets a lot. You have to appreciate their version on its own merits. They really took the song and made it their own.

Other fave songs:

To Speak Is a Sin
Radiophonic
Was It Worth It?
West End Girls
It's Alright
It's a Sin
Closer to Heaven

Hmmm. Never realized I was such a big fan of the PSBs before. Surely not as big as some, but I really like their stuff.

Back
Top Bottom