In a big testje dreams stay with you.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

i've come to expect anything of the bush administration. it's like the 60s all over again.

i've never travelled internationally before (something i hope to change eventually) so i'm not sure how much they look into a person before they can come in the u.s. did they interrogate you or anything when you got here? like "why are you coming to america?" or anything?

Actualy, they did. When i arrived in Chicago they did ask what i will do in the States,..that is OK So i told i was visiting a friend. The immigration officer ask if it was a female, and i said yes.

Right after that, he asked my what my work was, returnticket, creditcard , wanted my fingerprints and made a picture.

Gardeners visiting female friends are dangerous i guess.

KhanadaRhodes said:

oh yes, very! it's the old gardener visiting a friend routine...typical cover the terrorists use. :laugh:
Hey, you should know we are masters in the wheel barrel attack. :mad:

:yikes: this is scary. I feel myself so at home here that i did try to find the Dutch news . I am always watching that around 10 pm.

here in the uk I think we pay 20% income tax (or 40% on any income over a certian amount....can't remember how much you have to earn to pay that bracket - it's more than I earn :D )

and we pay 17.5%VAT (value added tax) on things we buy

certain things are vat exempt though - eg childrens clothes. But things like tampax are taxed as a luxury :mad:

bammo2 said:

certain things are vat exempt though - eg childrens clothes. But things like tampax are taxed as a luxury :mad:

Wasn't there a thing in the news a long time ago about women who were trying to get things like tampax exempt from tax?

Maybe I am wrong

:sad: She is wearing me out,...next,....a artshow.

:wave:

Rosie, thanks for the wonderfull lunch :)

Hi Peeps.

We had a wonderful day yesterday. First we went to a St Patricks parade ( with Allegra ) wich was a lot of fun. From the European side it was a typical American parade ( well,.what is typical? ) Lot`s of motorcycles, big cars and loud people. I liked it a lot,... We even got sunburned :) After that, lunch at salty grass ( ? ). I had a border steak, it was wonderfull :drool: I think Allegra and ABEL must have thought that i was stupid or so. I was asked to show my ID because i ordered a beer . My face went :shocked: :angry::scratch: :shrug:

40 years old and need to show a ID for beer I never expected that. Allegra told, everyone who looks younger than 30 need to show a id regulary :laugh: Thanks for the nice words :sexywink: I hope i did not emberassed you.

After that, Allegra showed us some places ( like the drive trough beer barn, no ID :wink: ) and she did take us to her place. In the middle of trees I liked that place.

Thank you Allegra, we had a lot of fun I hope we manage to visit you and watch some stars .

Maybe a strange observation,...all the electric and telephone cables are above ground level, It is so ugly :laugh:

After that, ABEL and I where so tired, we fall asleep on the sofa together :)

Today,..ABEL Sunday :)

Rono said:

We had a wonderful day yesterday. First we went to a St Patricks parade ( with Allegra ) wich was a lot of fun. From the European side it was a typical American parade ( well,.what is typical? ) Lot`s of motorcycles, big cars and loud people. I liked it a lot,... We even got sunburned :) .

St. Patricks day here is very ow key, only the pubs are full really and only the catholics from one road in beflast really go out. We also don't get sunburnt. (It's snowing here now). :wink:

:sad: Although it makes me a little sad, i had a little fun with recofirming my flight. I had to deal with a automatic telephone reply machine ( ? ) and i needed te repeat my first/last name several times,...than i did try a american accent of a certain person and it worked :laugh:

:sigh: Is there someone who needs a gardener ? :|

Last edited:
:laugh: I remember something else that caught my eye,.....coupons. It is like a religion here, to have coupons for everything, :lol:

:reject:

I love coupons :heart:

On one the boxes of cereal I just bought there was a coupon for a free happy meal at Mcdonalds :yes:

And I have another coupon for a free box of granola bars

fah said:
I love coupons :heart:

On one the boxes of cereal I just bought there was a coupon for a free happy meal at Mcdonalds :yes:

And I have another coupon for a free box of granola bars

:lmao: Nice all that free stuff, i wonder who need to pay for it. :hmm:

fah said:
Don't get all ethical on me now :D

Cut here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon for a free garden advice when payed for a flight ticket Amsterdam - Dallas or Dallas - Amsterdam.

Name :
Adress:
Town :
State:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pax said:
I'm flying into Amsterdam on my way to Edinburgh in the fall (crossing fingers)...

:hmm:

I'll bring some plants.

there are plants you can take out of Amsterdam too

:hmm: :shifty:

but knowing edinburgh, those plants that i'm thinking of would not be needed.

:wink: Just back from a little trip Downtown Dallas. I hope the reason is, that i had no guide with me today, but is every City downtown so boring ? Lot of high buildings, parking lots and dinner`s. After a 2 hour walk i decided to go to my favorite second hand cd shop :drool:Friday i will take my guide to downtown :wink:
O, popmartijn. You should see this :sad: Cd`s from 2.99 and up O boy.

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:

i'm sure my mom could use the help, as she's never home to tend to it herself, but i'm about seven hours away from miss abel. :(
:ohmy: I better keep my job ,..it is only one hour longer to fly.

Rono said:
:wink: Just back from a little trip Downtown Dallas. I hope the reason is, that i had no guide with me today, but is every City downtown so boring ? Lot of high buildings, parking lots and dinner`s. After a 2 hour walk i decided to go to my favorite second hand cd shop :drool:Friday i will take my guide to downtown :wink:
O, popmartijn. You should see this :sad: Cd`s from 2.99 and up O boy.
Rono, please do share the name and location of this cd shop. I would love to go there one day - I love way cool music!

BTW, we need a gardener - we have big plans with little gardening skills. And boy, where will we find the time - what, with raising five boys... LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom