Important: Looking For A New Michael Griffiths For Put 'Em Under Pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GARY#2

The Fly
A decrease in Vancouver-related threads.
A vacancy in the Gretzky anecdote department.
A large discrepancy in word count.
No mention of the Canucks, or previous elite dream teams of destiny.

There is a definite lacking in the forum. Positive or negative. The quota must be filled, and I'm just not qualified myself to take over such an... esteemed?... position. I don't know, something like that.

Applications are accepted, alternatives encouraged, and interesting trades are welcome.

yours,

Gary
the commish.

I agree wholeheartedly with this job search and will lend it any support (athletic or otherwise) that I can. :up:

I would love to see an Uber-Griffiths running around. :flirt:

can someone tell me about Dave Nonis...his background or whatever!??

Maybe Fah can pick up 25% of griffdawgs slack!

zoney! said:
can someone tell me about Dave Nonis...his background or whatever!??

Maybe Fah can pick up 25% of griffdawgs slack!

I'm going to pretend you really care....

Dave Nonis has worked for the Canucks organization since 1990. He was originally hired by Brian Burke and worked his way up through the organization to where he was Burke's assistant and last week became the new GM after Burke was fired. He was raised in a Vancouver suburb, the same one that Joe Sakic is from - Burnaby.

fah said:

I'm going to pretend you really care....

I take hockey fairly seriously! I do care! And I am being sincere here!

And, although you are a Vancouver fan - I wouldn't want you try and fill the poop-filled shoes of the ultimate canucks fan. (I miss Mikey!)

it's definetly better to fill your own shoes with poop than to wear the pre-filled footwear of others. :up:

I had no idea I was so "popular" around these parts! Screaming Flower, you know how I feel about you :sexywink: ...and AvsGirl, I will always remember our days in the sun...(or was it the frozen tundra?)...whatever, our time will always be cherished...

India has been fab so far. I'm in Bombay now, it's extremely hot, but the ocean breeze softens it nicely. Oh, the mangoes are sooo much better here! I can't get enough....home grown, fresh off the tree. The Canadian government should practice a little discrimination once in a while when it comes to allowing mangoes from South America into the country. I'm never having one of those imports again now that I've tasted the real thing (hundreds of varieties, too!).

Oh, and I love you, too, Zoney :hug:

Last edited:
Go ahead, Michael...use the new and improved term, Mumbai. We are not THAT dumb here in America. :sexywink:

Glad to see you are doing well.

Poor cujo is feeling slighted...can I give him one-third of my hug(the grab on the ass)?

Cujo - How could I forget you? My brother, my anti-twin, my, my.... well, thank you, Cuj. I'm flattered. (I know you're secretly a raving Canucks fan underneath that thick exterior of yours.)

Screaming Flower - I've missed you around these parts, as well :sexywink:

Zoni - Surely, being such a smart American ( ;) ), you would know that Mumbai isn't really such a "new" name, but the original name? The original name Mumbai is attributed to the local goddess Mumbadevi. Don't ask me anything else about it...I'm just as ignorant! (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist....I'm still bitter that you gave away 1/3 of your hug.)

Last edited:
Man those mangoes near the western coast are fake, they dont even call them mangoes they call it alfonso. The best ones are near the Ganges, a place called Malihabad (some 40 odd K's from my place) they grow some 105 different variety of mangoes. Shit I miss some stuff. Try one called langda or deshahriif you can

Ishkash, ah, the mango wars...always fun times! People down here say the ones up north don't compare. I am of course neutral, as I haven't yet had the opportunity to try the northern varieties. What I can tell you is this: so far, my favourite has been the raja puri (sp?). Not only is it huge, but it's so sweet too. I like them much more than the alfonso or even the pyree (sp?). Regardless, no matter which India mangoes you sample ("fake" or not), they all make the N. American imports seem like chemically enriched plaster filling.

Are you coming back to India before August?

It was indeed the frozen tundra, Michael. You know I can't vacation anywhere with sun, my icy witch blood will melt. :sexywink:

I've never eaten much mango, but now I want too.

Back
Top Bottom