IMing with parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
I got my 65-year old dad in NJ set up on AIM yesterday afternoon over the phone. Mind you, he knows his computer stuff, so it was pretty easy.

When he came on today - he tagged me, and we had a heart-to-heart over IM. It was great. I even IM'd him a link to an FYM thread - and as we signed off, he said "OK Zonelistener, I have to get going here." How funny is that.

I am on an IM high right now.

isn't it great when even the older ones "get it"

My husband "doesn't get it"
My dad "gets it" but refuses to use it if you can figure that one out.

smile.gif

omg, that is great! Although I can't imagine IMing with my parents. Come to think of it they do have MSN, but I've never told them what my nick is. lol.
biggrin.gif

I IM my parents all the time.

However, we do it from different rooms in the same house.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

I im with my mom all the time.

Its so funny to see her say stuff like

LOL
L8TR
BLARG

She even uses smilies.

IM is the only way I find out about my sister. She and I both work days on Saturday with internet, so it's all rather conveniant. How else would I have found out she got engaged?
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

my mom and I talked every day on IM my first year of college. It was the only way I was able to adjust to being 2000 miles away from my family

My parents dont use instant messangers, but I always talk to my bros on there when Im too lazy to get off my ass and go down to the basement to talk to them lol

I'm trying to help my Mom get online so we can talk in IM when I'm away at college. (Save money on the phone bill!) So she has an AOL account and everything now and she keeps calling me to ask how to do everything. It's weird to think I had no idea how to use the internet just a few years ago.

I locked my parents in my basement, so they won't be talking to ANYONE for quite a while.

My mom just Imed me last night and unlike her usual IMs of "boo" and "hi hi hi" she tried to convince me to volunteer and be more like bono.

at least she can't pronounce his name wrong over IM!

------------------
She never really belonged to me

U2 Take Me Higher

Back
Top Bottom