I'm Wide Awake It's Morning - Best CD of 2005, buy it now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevation2u

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
well taking in consideration it's barely February it is the best cd of 2005 as of yet, well seriously for those who have heard the cd or are a fan of the musical genius of Bright Eyes feel free to add your input...and if you wanna write about how the Conor Oberst dude is so overrated then feel free to also.

but yea, very simple, soulfoul, powerful little songs encased in this record, i recommend this to anybody who wants to give them a chance, have heard them and would like to hear more, or want to hear what this "future bob dylan" craze is all about, (i personally find that title a bit absurd... springsteen was labeled that himself but he surpassed that and i hope so does conor)

but yea, a collection of beutiful indie/folk/country/alternative songs with some collaborations by emylou harris (sp:huh:?) and wonderful lyrics.

something like....
"we might die from medication but at least we killed all the pain"

and more!

ok... im getting on my own nerves

me out-

****edited to say i can email anyone a song or two... if they wanna listen

Last edited:
elevation2u said:
and if you wanna write about how the Conor Oberst dude is so overrated then feel free to also.
Well, he is.

Still a good album, though.

I was digging Digital Ash more than Wide Awake, but I'm listening to Wide Awake a lot more lately.

If you guys like the new albums, make sure you go for some of the past work as well. Amazing stuff. :up:

Yes, it's quite good. I've still only listened to it once, though. I think I still prefer 'Lifted', but I need to hear this one more.

I have a few others that have come out that year that I'd personally rate higher than this album though (Low, M83).

I'm just discovering "American Idiot" right now, 4 months late, so I'll have to wait. (Like practically everybody else, I had written Green Day off as a bunch of clowns that would probably get let go of their recording contract pretty soon, they were getting that pathetic. Simply one of the worst bands around...and then they come up out of the :censored: blue with a work of ABSOLUTE GENIOUS. Musically it doesn't impress me much..U2 were better in their "punk " guise:wink: ..but the concept, the structure and the brilliiance of the LYRICS!!)

See... this is what I mean by giving acts the time to take risks and mature, and have a flop or two. This "instant superstardom" mentality that is killing the biz....that killed such potentially great acts as PJ Harvey in this country...(US)...GD had a great debut, a solid 2nd album, and downhill from there, a so-so album and then three flops. But then, this??

I'll defintely check out the CD. Before the tour starts, that is.

Back
Top Bottom