i'm the present simple, guys.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
i'm a habit
i'm a routine

i was, am and will be

joeraggs and i have been talking about hosting a new year's party. kieran's also helping out in the planning dept., and the three of us are looking for a few more volunteers to help us plan the best new year's part EVAH.

i've already booked a small conference room at a 3 star hotel about 40 miles outside baltimore.

now before you all think "this sounds a little too glitzy for me", remember we're doing everything we can to keep costs down. once it's figured out, we'll let you know, but once again please remember we'll do what we can to keep this as affordable as possible.

those of you who are interested in helping out, please indicate as much in this thread. also keep the following in mind:

1) this will be a strictly enforced dry-event. no booze whatsoever will be tolerated.

2) there'll only be room for the first 30 people. keep activity ideas with this in mind.

3) i'm thinking we should have a theme. maybe "dress as your favorite PARTY animal"? that could really provide some interesting conversation points.

other than that, this is wide open. we want your ideas and suggestions, people!

I'm not sure I made myself clear, Zoomerang96. I said "go out of your way to secure a two-star hotel, in fact a one-star venue if possible". Furthermore where did this 'dry' bullshit come from? I mean, fine, I'll get smashed before I arrive if that's what you'd prefer?

Frankly, I think there are a few crossed wires here.

But it's true that this will be the greatest party ever held in the whole world. I'm arranging a big exploding birthday cake with Joeraggs. and windmillane, and frank the monkey (whose finger is still poking out of my mouth).

Also, I have submitted a theme for the party, this one was a Joe Rags suggestion:

"Tangerine Genocide".

A little ambiguous, no? But I think it involves rioting like it's 1968 again.

ambiguous? more like ambitious!

get out the fruit punch gang, we're gonna party like it's 1968 (in the streets of paris with molotov cocktails, mind you) again.

still, i must admit to being hurt by a complete lack of interest from the interference gang.

don't they remember how much fun being with me can be?

people always die with laughter (or of unbearable pain).

YEAH!

No booze, no music, no fun, an atrocious venue, and to top it all off, we're using Joerags' party suggestions.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?!

Zoomerang96 said:
i'm a habit
i'm a routine

i was, am and will be

joeraggs and i have been talking about hosting a new year's party. kieran's also helping out in the planning dept., and the three of us are looking for a few more volunteers to help us plan the best new year's part EVAH.

i've already booked a small conference room at a 3 star hotel about 40 miles outside baltimore.

now before you all think "this sounds a little too glitzy for me", remember we're doing everything we can to keep costs down. once it's figured out, we'll let you know, but once again please remember we'll do what we can to keep this as affordable as possible.

those of you who are interested in helping out, please indicate as much in this thread. also keep the following in mind:

1) this will be a strictly enforced dry-event. no booze whatsoever will be tolerated.

2) there'll only be room for the first 30 people. keep activity ideas with this in mind.

3) i'm thinking we should have a theme. maybe "dress as your favorite PARTY animal"? that could really provide some interesting conversation points.

other than that, this is wide open. we want your ideas and suggestions, people!

why no booze?

I'm pretty sure it already happened.

Only me and Zoomerang96 showed up. What a boring night. We watched 'Downfall' about Hitler in his bunker on the tv... and we couldn't even drink because of his odd temperance rule... which, come to think of it, he shares with the subject of the film.

Back
Top Bottom