Im sorry.....please explain again why Halle won Bst Actss? Was it a fix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
because.......after watching Monster's Ball recently, her performance really really didnt make a big impact on me.

How do they do it anyway?

Choose 5 reasonably 'realistic' acting from both sexes in films and watch them one after the other then choose?

Look.......can I stress that when I ask was it a set-up I mean this in the nicest way, ok so it happened months back, but what i mean is, was Halle the first for the Oscars to be nominated as a 'Black Actress?' (to be honest, I HATE sayin the word 'black', meaning pple, its far too strong - so let me say....for this once..:()

I mean, was it time for two selected with diff skin colour to be put out in the spotlight if it was both Denzels and Halles first time in representing 'dark' pple for the first time?

oh.........:sigh: I dont want no one misinterpreting what Im saying!

please.....

I just wondered did anyone else see the film to know what Im talking about, the only part which Halle played very well in that film was when on couch with Billy Bob, discussing her son then the 'Can you make me feel good' comment.........she really threw herself into that making it look like a woman who was a mother/wife who desperately needed loved through loneliness, and wants to feel secure emotionally and physically again.

But that was it!!!!!

To me Billy Bono was the main character

Tell u what I DID NOT expect that Heath Ledger thang.......................

well?

Look, no-one here has to answer..........I guess, its just, that after seeing,.........I wonder was it a set-up, but Im NOT dissin Berry's acting..........

In fact, I guess I found it a bit hard to kinda like her again after the time she ran from the scene of the car-accident she was involved in....................

funny how an event can make u view pple diff....

Last edited:
Maddie-
I wasnt convinced either.:|
A beautiful girl , a decent performance sure..but thats all.

Her crying seemed fake

DB9

mad1 said:

...was Halle the first for the Oscars to be nominated as a 'Black Actress?'

No mads, but she was the first African American actress to win the Best Actress Academy Award.

I can't speak to Halle Berry's performance in Monster's Ball because I didn't see the movie, but I doubt it was a fix.

The Oscar voting process is very unscientific to begin with. I've heard stories of Academy voters having their personal assistants watch the nominated films and do the voting for them. The whole voting process can be somewhat of a popularity contest. Look at the Grammys. A few years ago, Steely Dan won best album. :crazy:

Last edited:
I never ever knew how it was organised..

sorry Pub, tink I fecked up there, I meant to say was she the first as a Black/African American Actress FOR the Best Actress role!

forgive me

<loser........

<wants to go round to Pubs tonight and go out to a club........

and visit his neighbours, the Osbournes! :evil:

Back
Top Bottom