I'm so disheartened - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2002, 11:28 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:40 PM
that's bullshit, you don't make ambiguous multiple choice questions
plus it's just bullshit all around
yeah anyway

Old 12-14-2002, 03:10 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Multiple choice tests are a skill to be learned. Many times, the success on an MC exam has nothing to do with the material and everything to do with the style of questions presented.

I had a 300 level Immunology course you were told that the questions could either have 1 correct answer, no correct answers, or multiple combinations of letters A-E as an answer. It was the most aggravating type of exam I have ever had to write, and it took you indeterminable amounts of time to simply read the question and the answer. Many times, people who were better prepared than the average failed to do well, because they just got sucked into the format, and got lost in the quagmire.

Another one of my favourites was the insistence of "Pick the MOST correct answer out of these 5 correct answers." Precious, too.

Old 12-14-2002, 06:23 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Please don't hate me because you are smart

I may get completely blasted for this...but....

you are at a STATE school in South Dakota.

*knew that Lilly might not be challenged in S.D.

Old 12-15-2002, 12:41 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:40 PM

I went through college pretending I was an idiot savant...

That's how I managed to survive. I wasn't smart enough for people to call me nerd... I wasn't dumb enough to fail classes... ahh, the best of both worlds.
Old 12-15-2002, 03:04 PM   #20
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

I had a 300 level Immunology course you were told that the questions could either have 1 correct answer, no correct answers, or multiple combinations of letters A-E as an answer. It was the most aggravating type of exam I have ever had to write, and it took you indeterminable amounts of time to simply read the question and the answer. Many times, people who were better prepared than the average failed to do well, because they just got sucked into the format, and got lost in the quagmire.

Another one of my favourites was the insistence of "Pick the MOST correct answer out of these 5 correct answers." Precious, too.
Ugh. That just gave me some awful flashbacks of some of my old exams. And laugh my ASS off at the "most correct" question - I've had one or 2 of those in my life, and enough of us complained to get them both thrown out. That was a serious moment when I came across those......
Old 12-15-2002, 03:47 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Must be just an "assholes are from new jersey" issue

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener
I may get completely blasted for this...but....

you are at a STATE school in South Dakota.

*knew that Lilly might not be challenged in S.D.

Excuse me if I cannot afford a PRIVATE school in MINNESOTA. As it is I can barely afford this school. So please, spare me the "you could be at this school or this school right now" bullshit. I can't even believe you said this to me, least of all on a public forum.

You would think, since you could afford a private school, you would learn to think before you post.

don't hug me.
Old 12-20-2002, 07:22 PM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: Must be just an "assholes are from new jersey" issue

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly

Excuse me if I cannot afford a PRIVATE school in MINNESOTA. As it is I can barely afford this school. So please, spare me the "you could be at this school or this school right now" bullshit. I can't even believe you said this to me, least of all on a public forum.

You would think, since you could afford a private school, you would learn to think before you post.

don't hug me.
Lilly -

Thanks for OVER-Reading into this post. I posted this in SUPPORT of you, and you turn around and take it personally. I really wish people would stop this crap (reading into stuff like this). So much humor has been lost on so many.

As for private versus public......I don't think that was the debate here (in fact, there is no debate - it is just a mere "ribing" of a friend). There are so many GREAT public institutions....to name a few: Rutgers University, UMass, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UofMichigan, UVA...oh do I really need to name all of them? Many of which you could probably get into (and I couldn't with my SAT score and H.S. grades). Although, these schools, coming from out of state, would be equally as expensive as private schools.

I was making fun of South Dakota. Something I do QUITE often with you, Shannon. I am talking about a state that the majority of our fellow Americans could not point out in a map of the 50 states. A state that most people could not name one major city in the state, little (and I do mean little) alone the state capitol. (And no, I don't think there is a SOUTH DAKOTA CITY).

So, please do not get nasty until you know what is going on. And call sometime.