I'm shopping for the CEO's son

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Unbelievable. I get to spend a chunk of my day today shopping online for a laptop for the CEO's son to bring to his first year of college. I have the list of minimum specs from the school and I get to charge it to the company. Lovely. Is it just me or does that just seem WRONG!!! :scream: How is this expense a company expense?

I want a CEO for a father. :grumpy:

Chief Executive Officer. Basically the top guy in the company. The President. whatever else you call them. lol.

And yes, Angel...it is funny. In a really pathetic sort of way. *feels like such an underling*

you're funny flower

I've seen company's charge worse things to 'company expense'. At least its a computer and not a hooker or something.

sulawesigirl4 said:
Chief Executive Officer. Basically the top guy in the company. The President. whatever else you call them. lol.

THE BIG BOSS....THE MOTHERBOARD...i getcha :up: :lol:

I once had a temp job in NYC when I was fresh out of college working for the CEO of a huge electronics manufacturer who shall remain nameless but whose products you use everyday, where I was sent by limo around the city to buy stuff for him to look at and *coughcopycough*.

tough situation - if you spend too much, you are screwed, if you do not get what the brat wants, you are screwed.

Here is what I suggesst you do:

Talk up the sales person and do the following,

get the brat a middle of the road laptop, but get yourself something nice (mp3 player, palm, whatever...) Have the salesperson ring the whole thing up together, but on the receipt you submit your company, make sure they only put one laptop for the full cost of both purchases...

you deserve it...

well, after much hunting on the internet and conferring with my boss we have purchased a mid-range laptop of the IBM variety for the little dear. 40G hard drive, 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 processor, 256M RAM, CD-RW/DVD-ROM.

• Laptop $2,175
  • Leather carrying case $109
  • External disk drive $87
  • Overnight FedEx shipping $99
  • Joy of giving a rich kid a new toy with company money....priceless.

:tsk:

sulawesigirl4 said:
well, after much hunting on the internet and conferring with my boss we have purchased a mid-range laptop of the IBM variety for the little dear. 40G hard drive, 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 processor, 256M RAM, CD-RW/DVD-ROM.

• Laptop $2,175
  • Leather carrying case $109
  • External disk drive $87
  • Overnight FedEx shipping $99
  • Joy of giving a rich kid a new toy with company money....priceless.

:tsk:

BWAHA...well put! :laugh: :laugh:

sula, I hope you don't mind me popping up in your hread, but I wanted to tell you about this. You had mentioned you wished you could perhaps help the people of East Timor.
If you recall my hub quit his band last Christmas(bad financial move as it turns out.hmmmm) He started a new 3 piece band with one of the young drummers from the music college.

I have dealt with all sorts of musicians with all sorts of problems and limitations over the years...this guy presented me with a new one. He can't play with the band at all on Thursday's nights or gigs too far from home on Saturday night. he belongs to the Assemblies of God and he has to have his drums set up in church early Sunday morning ( I always thingkof the song from My Fair Lady..."if I am dancing, roll up the floor...cause I got to be there in the mornin' spruced up and lookin' in me prime...get me to the church on time!!"

Anyway , now he needs 3 weeks off at the end of this month because he is going to East Timor to help build a church. Some other local people are moving there this week, at their own expense. doing great work imho.They are going there to share their knowledge with the locals to build ocean-going canoes, so they can at least try to rekindle their fishing industry.

Sorry , but i wanted to tell you about my new friend James,and the little bit he's doing to help.

Good luck on your journey.

serious typos needed correcting...again!!) PEACE 2 U

Last edited:
wow, that is awesome, cass. :) Thanks for sharing. Let me know how it all goes for him out there. :yes:

oo sula you gave me a frigth there girl
lol
that was quick tee hee:laugh:
no need to correct the the typos that are still there, u got my drift:)

Back
Top Bottom