"I'm responsible for what she does, and no one can punish her except me,"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deep

Blue Crack Addict
Man: Prosecute Me For Wife's Actions
Associated Press
Thursday, June 26, 2003
?2003 SF Gate

URL: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2003/06/26/MNbreastfedx.DTL

RAVENNA, Ohio (AP) -- A husband thinks he should be prosecuted for his wife's failure to stop driving while she breastfed their baby on the Ohio Turnpike.

Catherine Nicole Donkers, 29, of suburban Pittsburgh, is to go on trial Aug. 6 on misdemeanor charges of child endangering, failure to comply with the order of a police officer and several other driving infractions.

Her husband, Brad L. Barnhill, said he wants to be tried instead, citing religious beliefs.

"I'm responsible for what she does, and no one can punish her except me," said Barnhill, 46, a minister in the First Christian Fellowship for Eternal Sovereignty, an organization founded by Christopher Hansen of Henderson, Nev., in the late 1990s.

"That's a fantasy," prosecutor Victor V. Vigluicci said Tuesday. "I've never heard such a thing."

The couple has not yet hired an attorney, according to court records.

A truck driver called 911 on May 8 to report that he had seen a woman driving her car with a baby in her lap.

Asked why his wife did not stop to nurse the child, Barnhill said she didn't want to turn "a five-hour trip to Michigan into a seven-hour trip."

A conviction for misdemeanor child endangering carries maximum penalties of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.

well,
if you would just get yourself a husband, then he could talk to her husband and your husband could tell you if she is happy

when i was in my 20s
i was not in a hurry to have children

now i am in my 40s

and i really like the little rugrats
they make me smile

sounds like what I used to say
then one day I was 35

then a week went by and I was 45

and i got NO rugmice for my own

Last edited:
well i also said at age 18 that by the time i am 25, i will be wealthy, married and will have 2 kids, one boy and one girl in that order. and will also have a nice house and a husband. I am now 28 and i see no ring on my finger, no home, no kids and sure as hell no wealth. :wink: :up:

Last edited:
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i still feel too immature to be a mother. i am too selfish with my needs and wants right now.

you would be surprised at what spending all your time with kids'll do to you.

i became a full time nanny when i was still 17 for 3 kids who were 14 months, 4, and 6 at the time.

just being with them all the time, i was so unselfish with them, and they really did help me see the world differently.

i complain about them a lot, but i really do love them with all my heart, and i know they love me and i'm a big part of their lives.

i'm not making myself promises...i don't want to say "when i'm 25 i want this and this and this" cos i don't want it influencing my life...i don't want to feel disappointed when i'm 25 if i'm not married, but i don't want to be 25 and feel like my time is coming short and i force myself to settle.

__
yes, this case is cracked. that's totally sick that she didn't stop, and it should be called "parental stupidity" not "child endangerment"

i understand shannon. i am an aunt to 5 boys and 3 girls. and i love them all to death and would cause some serious harm to anyone if they were ever to be hurt. i see them about every 3 days and would be willing and able to take care them in moments notice. they range from 1 yr to 13 years old. :) :heart:

seeing their smiles when i drive up, seeing them run towards me yelling out my name and greeting me with a warm hugs and kisses lets me know that i am loved. when i am not feeling well be it physically or whatever they are there to help me get through the pain and hurt. no matter what it is. anything from grabbing a pillow for me or just snuggling up with me on the couch to watch television. i love them to death and would have zero problem being a mother. but as stated before, i am not ready for my own right now. i have too many goals to settle within myself before i consider starting a family and one being finding a man to love and marry. :)

sometimes i wish i had a designated responsible person following me.

they could do the work i dont feel like doing.

but overall, im pretty sure i would lose in the deal. as would most.

nbcrusader said:
Too bad they don't take time to explain what this really means.

Perhaps you could clarify what it really means then? I grew up in a community with this view and I happen to have my own opinion as to what it "really" means and no matter how people try to pretty it up it still sounds the same underneath. The most common reasoning I have heard is "if the husband truly loves his wife like Christ loves the church, then it's all good". To which I say, that's nice, but a benevolent dictatorship is STILL tyranny. :|

I have so many problems with all of this that I really don't know where to begin, so I guess I'll just focus on the baby. A woman actually killed her child doing this, she was breast feeding while driving, had to slam on the breaks and her poor child was crushed between mom and the steering wheel. Really, how hard is it to either make a bottle or wait until you're finished driving to feed your baby?

I've heard of a person getting a ticket because of one of those camera things, if it was a car registered to them and someone else committed the offense, but this is crazy. A man cannot face a charge of breastfeeding a baby while driving :lol:

Back
Top Bottom