I'm on a diet. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2008, 11:19 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

I think I usually end up closer to 1500, lol.
I think depending upon the day, I take in between 1300-1800. It's usually a correllation between the days where I need caffeine (and I don't drink tea or coffee or diet soda, so regular pop it is). However, I find myself working out less on the days I take in only about 1300. Today, I actually took in right around 1900. But I'll be jogging in the snow tonight!

Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:38 AM
congrats to everyone in the thread on their losses, since june o6 ive gone from a size 24 to a 14 , but have come to a standstill, its very hard by the end of the day to get on that treadmill, so i hope i can use this thread for a bit of motivation to drop those last 10 kg by the end of the year.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:43 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:08 PM
I haven't worked out since Thursday. Friday - Sunday I was in Chicago and then I got sick. I guess I'm still losing weight being sick, but that's not good....
Old 01-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:08 PM
Good luck, and keep up the good work!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

I think depending upon the day, I take in between 1300-1800. It's usually a correllation between the days where I need caffeine (and I don't drink tea or coffee or diet soda, so regular pop it is). However, I find myself working out less on the days I take in only about 1300. Today, I actually took in right around 1900. But I'll be jogging in the snow tonight!
My diet regime is pretty harsh as it only allows 600 calories a day. Lots of people say it's crazy but it worked for me and the good thing is that I haven't put back on any of the 20 kilos I lost. The main thing is that I have learnt to eat properly. And while the calory count is pretty low the food I have is delicious and nutritive. In addition, I take vitamins, potasium and magnesium.

I used to go to the gym 5 times a week (body combat) but now things are pretty hectic around here so I dont get to work out as much as I'd like.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:15 PM   #21
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:08 PM
By rights Niamh...you should go to gym every second day and allow the body the following day to rest. I have heard that is most beneficial
Old 01-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

^^ I've heard that too but I think gym exercise should also depend on how active you are in daily life. For example, when I was in college I never had a car so I walked miles and miles every day, from home to school once or twice, and then often to the mall, grocery store, bank, Grandma's house, etc. I also walked a lot for my job since I did on-site work orders all over campus. I didn't need to go to the gym everyday. Now, I basically have a desk job and I commute to work and back. Even running 45 mins a day, 6 days a week is probably less or just the same amount of exercise I use to get just doing my daily routine.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by gman
By rights Niamh...you should go to gym every second day and allow the body the following day to rest. I have heard that is most beneficial
I think that may hold true for weight training (which everyone, including all women should be doing), but not for cardio.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:31 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:08 PM
I don't do too much weight training. I've got 20 lb dumbells that I lift about once a week. But other than that, mostly all I do is cardio.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:08 PM
I did all cardio (1 hour/day, 6 or 7 days a week) until I reached my target weight. Now I do cardio 3 days a week and strength training 3 days a week.

Ditto what anitram said about taking a day off. You can even strength train every day as long as you're working different muscle groups each day so you give individual muscles a day of rest.

Great job everyone. Keep it up