I'm obsessed with house and trance!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
Trash can...

Thanks for the tip. You've probably heard it by now (it's all over the radio for almost a year) but 'Sandstorm' by Darude is one of the greatest dance tunes...way ahead of its time...and of course Oakenfold is great. I could spend hours on Limewire downloading different stuff...
Oh, and the Oakenfold remix of Mysterious Ways is the 'bomb', and in my opinion, U2 use that version as the inspiration for the live version (listen to Edge's guitar solo at the end...very close to the Oakenfold remix)...

Yes!! Me!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Especially U2 mixes... I have recently really gotten into them and its like all I listen to now!

I love to dance too.

multi.gif

------------------
Sicilian Women Are More Dangerous Than Shotguns

My Website

Sicilian Goddess....

In the famous words of Joey Tribiani....

'How you doin?'

Nice web page! I bet you are a very good dancer!

I love a lot of electronic music, but I can never really remember exactly what categories the music I like is, I know that I really dig ambient music, and years ago I was such an anti electronica person, I thought that it could not be music if it was not played with real instruments, however now I have changed my ways and really dig this kind of music, my fave artists are....

BT
Orbital
Aphex Twin
808 State
Carl Cox
Paul Oakenfield
Robert Miles
smile.gif

I am sooo obsessed with Trance !!

I even got a turn table and im working on a record collection ... and trying to learn how to dj!

And it all started with those Oakenfold U2 remixes

and check out http://www.digitallyimported.net/ for trance streaming

Thanks hitman!
smile.gif

I can get down and funky to any house music! Especially after a few drinks! LOL!

glitter.gif

------------------
Sicilian Women Are More Dangerous Than Shotguns

My Website

trance and other dance music is definately very much the shit.

I'm beginning to dig it, even though I can't dance. I like to listen. And here's the catch; most people say, "if you like dance music, Jason, why don't you listen to N SYNC". Because N SYNC's lyrics are so horrid, so cliche, and the music so watered-down, it's sickening. Real dance music is very different, and vocals aren't neccessary, sometimes I'd prefer them not to be there at all, and if they are, a woman singing.

Does anyone else love club music? I have found myself obsessed with house and trance the last few months...just downloading everything and anything I can from Darude, Oakenfold, Safre Duo, Jonathan Peters...the list goes on...any other U2 fans out there love all this stuff?

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

I hear ya buddy!!

Even though I'm an old fart of 36 years, I likes me Trance music!

I used to like New Wave in the 80's, Techno in the early 90's ( I'm soooooo embarrassed!). I even did a lil DJing because I liked it so. And now I like Trance, Drum N' Bass, and Trip Hop.

I knowwwwwwwwww, its simple "thoughtless" music. It aint no Mozart(And I love Mozart!). BUT it does what its meant to do:

Makes ya shake that booty.

I like FatBoy, Moby, Oakenfold, and... well, I really dont keep up with the DJ names much.
I REALLY miss BlockBuster Music, because I would always go and sample a BUNCH of Dance CDs and just buy the ones that "moved me".
They hated me there! heh.

Hey! Have you discovered Spinner.com???
Its a very cool, and free, online music stream thingy.
They have a selection of ALL types of music, including all types of Dance.
Check it out!
It is: www.spinner.com

Peace!

BT's "Movement in Still Life" got me into this kind of stuff. Great album, eh?

------------------
"I'm not afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens", Woody Allen

If you like Oakenfold, check out DJ Micro. I have his first CD, and it's very good. He had several more, too, but I' have never heard them...

------------------
Nate

"Sometimes I feel like I dont' know
Sometimes I feel like checking out
I wanna get it wrong
Can't Always be strong
And love it won't be long..."

-Ultraviolet

... damn, I miss my Technics 1200's...

frown.gif

(Anyone in the Dallas area willin to give a brotha a steel wheels fix!???)

Originally posted by Sledgehammer:
BT's "Movement in Still Life" got me into this kind of stuff. Great album, eh?

This is a superb album, I actually went out and bought a copy of it on Thursday, cause I felt a little bad having acquired it illegally via the MP3 format and I also wanted the bonus remix cd, how cool is the song Dreaming- I luuuuuuuuurve this guys stuff
smile.gif

Yes, Dreaming is a mighty fine song! Y'all should also check some of the mixes by DJ Tiesto.. like summerbreeze and majik 6

AHHHHH yessssssss....I love dance, trance, electronica music!!!!I've had an obsession with it since I was 10 when I went to my first rave. the music entranced me,really when I listen to it at a club I feel like I get in a trance and the music reaches deep in my soul and moves my body...I love it!

Someone tell me what skills like in deejaying. I do not know how a turn table works exactly, except that once in a while you tweak it and it makes a zhook-zhook sound. I'm being serious.

foray

Well I am glad I found this thread...

I don't know a lot about dance music..I have albums by Chemical Brothers, Prodigy (that would be electronica, right?)and the "Run Lola Run" soundtrack..that's about it.

So my question is: Do you have any good "club music" cd suggestions based on the albums that I already have? (Stuff that I would like based on what dance albums I already have)

Thanks ! I would really appreciate it.
smile.gif

Everyone that loves trance, should check out a band from France named MELLOW. Their album is 'ANOTHER MELLOW SPRING'

Really great stuff, it starts out very poppy, but then turns to deep, psychedelic trance trip-hop. It really takes you on a trip, with or without enhancements!!

Yes, I love Trance(Used to be called New Wave, House, Techno).

If you love the stuff, try "MTV Music Generator." You can make your own tunes!

It's so easy. Everyone I show it to gets hooked. It costs 10 to 15 bucks.

We could all start emailing each other our new tunes. Just turn the new song into a wave file.

------------------
U2 is the best Band Ever!

Albums I currently suggest:

1) Paul Oakenfold - Perfecto Presents Ibiza

Hey, it has U2 - Beautiful Day (Perfecto Mix) on top of it. A huge departure from his previous work, with the most notable tracks from Prodigy, Radiohead, and a kick ass Depeche Mode remix.

2) Orbital - The Altogether

Yet another band making a huge departure from their previous work. Most notable tracks being 'Funny Break,' a long-awaited studio recording of their 'Doctor Who'-theme remix, and a track with vocals by David Gray.

3) Sander Kleinenberg - NuBreed 4

I'm still saying, 'Wow!' It is apparent that trance is dying, and house is returning.

4) Max Graham - Transport 4

See description under #3.

5) Hybrid - In the Mix (Live) [Bootleg]

Don't know where this came from originally, but I downloaded the mp3 of this DJ set, and it's just mindblowing. No one can quite fit sonic orchestrals like them.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom