I'm not sure about Pearl Jam...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My point was that from that era of great music and those great bands, Pearl Jam are still together making great music. I love U2 and they will always be my favorite band, but Pearl Jam treats their fans way better. They release more new material. Their tickets prices are cheaper. Membership to their "club" is cheaper. They release great music, but they aren't everywhere promoting it. If someone gives enough of a shit about Pearl Jam, they'll find out about it. When Pearl Jam is on stage, they're five guys out there having fun. Yes, Eddie Vedder likes to talk politics on stage sometimes, but why not? That's what the stage is for. I also like when people say they haven't been a fan or used to like PJ when Ten or Vs. came out, but after that they weren't interested. That makes me very happy because when you're a fan of PJ, you're not a fairweather fan. My favorite album from PJ is No Code and that album barely went gold when it came out, but for me, it is my favorite. What makes Pearl Jam so good is that they don't give a fuck about making money. They just focus on the music. To PJ, their fans are like family. They don't treat their fans like a commodity.

My apologies. I wasnt aware that expressing your love for U2 was considered annoying or obnoxious in any way. Sorry.

MrPryck2U said:
My point was that from that era of great music and those great bands, Pearl Jam are still together making great music. I love U2 and they will always be my favorite band, but Pearl Jam treats their fans way better. They release more new material. Their tickets prices are cheaper. Membership to their "club" is cheaper. They release great music, but they aren't everywhere promoting it. If someone gives enough of a shit about Pearl Jam, they'll find out about it. When Pearl Jam is on stage, they're five guys out there having fun. Yes, Eddie Vedder likes to talk politics on stage sometimes, but why not? That's what the stage is for. I also like when people say they haven't been a fan or used to like PJ when Ten or Vs. came out, but after that they weren't interested. That makes me very happy because when you're a fan of PJ, you're not a fairweather fan. My favorite album from PJ is No Code and that album barely went gold when it came out, but for me, it is my favorite. What makes Pearl Jam so good is that they don't give a fuck about making money. They just focus on the music. To PJ, their fans are like family. They don't treat their fans like a commodity.

:applaud: Great post! No Code is one of my favorites too! sometimes my #1 fav!

Btw, people that say they're not interested in anything but Ten & Vs., maybe they haven't given the other albums a chance.. maybe they have! We cannot generalize.

Chris Martin, we're not talking about U2 in this thread. We're talking about Pearl Jam.
I did state that I love U2 and that they will always be my favorite. I guess you missed that.

Okay, can all you Pearl Jam fans help me out here?...

I have all of their albums but don't have State Of Love And Trust, I Got ID, Breath and Man Of The Hour. I don't think they're on Lost Dogs either which I'm thinking of getting at some point. Without getting the Greatest Hits or illegally downloading them, how can I get those afore mentioned songs?

SOLAT and Breath are on the Singles motion picture soundtrack (great disc, also has Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Smashing Pumpkins, Mother LoveBone and Hendrix amongst others)

I Got Id was on the 2 song EP "Merkin Ball" which accompanied Neil Young's Mirror Ball which PJ was the backing band for.

Man of the Hour was a single sold by the band thru its website, can still be bought on the website...

http://www.pearljam.com/goods/

Shit! I just realized I don't have Last Kiss or Yellow Ledbetter either. Maybe it would be easier and cheaper to just get the Hits collection. It's only $11.47 on amazon. :slant:

But anyway, now I'm interested in the Singles soundtrack. :hmm:

1.They're talented but I'm not a huge fan.

2.They never topped their debut 'Ten'. That's the one PJ record I actually really like.

3.Veddar has got to be one of the most, if not the most, imitated rock vocalists of the last 20 years. Scott Stapp of Creed fame? The Fuel guy? Chris Daughtery? The Nickelback guy? The 'Stained' guy? The 'Live' guy? It goes on and on and on. And none of them is anywhere near as good as Veddar. The one that comes closest, and it pains me to say this because he appears to be such a douche, is Scott Stapp.

namkcuR said:
They never topped their debut 'Ten'. That's the one PJ record I actually really like.

I love Ten too and have a nostalgic attachment to it. But have you given any of the other albums a try?

Zootlesque said:

I love Ten too and have a nostalgic attachment to it. But have you given any of the other albums a try?

Yes. There a few good songs on Vitalogy, a few good songs on Vs, a few good songs on Binaural, a few good songs here and there, but none of their records has ever really impressed me outside of 'Ten'. I love 'Betterman' and 'Nothing As It Seems' though.

namkcuR said:
Yes. There a few good songs on Vitalogy, a few good songs on Vs, a few good songs on Binaural, a few good songs here and there, but none of their records has ever really impressed me outside of 'Ten'. I love 'Betterman' and 'Nothing As It Seems' though.

What about No Code and Yield? They're 2 of their best albums! :drool:

Also, Light Years from Binaural is absolutely gorgeous! :combust:

Right now though, you made me listen to Evenflow :wink:

Freeeeeeeeezing, rests his head on a pillow made of concrete!!! :rockon:

2002's Riot Act is a great album. Just like 2006's Pearl Jam is also a great album. If you want some rockin' numbers with something to say, these are a couple of newer albums to check out.

Zootlesque said:
Shit! I just realized I don't have Last Kiss or Yellow Ledbetter either. Maybe it would be easier and cheaper to just get the Hits collection. It's only $11.47 on amazon. :slant:

Don't forget that GH also contains an alternate version of Even Flow (which kicks ass), an alternate mix of State of Love And Trust and new mixes of three songs from Ten. There's also a small lyrical difference in Who You Are (akin to the changed line in Mysterious Ways on The Best of 1990-2000).

Zootlesque said:

Last Kiss and Yellow Ledbetter are both on "Lost Dogs", if you have all the studio albums, I'd go for Lost Dogs rather then Rearview Mirror...lots of great stuff on Lost Dogs like "Sad", "Other Side", "Dead Man", "Brother","Drifting", "Leaving Here", "Black, Red, Yellow", and the hidden track "4/20/02" written after Layne Staley's passing...plus the 2 songs you seek.

And the Singles soundtrack is a must. Best motion picture soundtrack...ever.

No Code and Yield are my favourite PJ albums :drool: Ten, Binaural and Vs are pretty close to them though.

Zoot, you need to get Lost Dogs ASAP. It has some junk but it also has incredible songs like "U":)heart:), Yellow Ledbetter, Down :)drool:), Drifting, Footsteps, Education, Hard To Imagine :)drool: :drool: ), Sad, Alone...

I'd also tell you to buy Merkinball... besides I Got ID it has "Long Road", one of their most touching songs IMO.

Yeah, I don't listen to ten that much. Maybe because I don't like Oceans, Jeremy and Deep... anyway all the other songs are perfect... alive... garden... release... porch... :drool:

Ten is great to listen to once in a while for nostalgia purposes :wink: but yeah, I too listen to the other albums like No Code, Yield and Binaural a lot more! All said and done, Ten restricts itself to grunge and there's so much more diversity in the other albums. But as far as absolute rockers go, I don't think they've really topped Evenflow, Alive or Jeremy yet.

Zootlesque said:
Ten is great to listen to once in a while for nostalgia purposes :wink: but yeah, I too listen to the other albums like No Code, Yield and Binaural a lot more! All said and done, Ten restricts itself to grunge and there's so much more diversity in the other albums. But as far as absolute rockers go, I don't think they've really topped Evenflow, Alive or Jeremy yet.
Well I'd say Jeremy is their best song, but Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror, Save You, Animal, Leash, Mankind, Habit, Breakerfall kicks ass just as much :drool:

You can tell the hardcore Pearl Jam fans from the casuals when they tell you that Ten is their least listened to album.

It is a great album...but there are more interesting albums in their catalog.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Live came out before PJ, so I don't really see him as a copycat...
How is that possible? Live's first album came out in 1992 and PJ's first album came out in 1991. Having said that, I don't hear any similarities between their vocals in the first place.

Last edited:
Live's first release was in 1989, under the name Public Affection, but I agree I don't hear the similarities

Back
Top Bottom