I'm not ashamed to say I love...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

First "Surf's Up", now GTA???

:drool:

highfive.gif

How could you forget that shit???

Don't know if there's a misunderstanding here (probably by me), 'cause I love Catherine Wheel and am not ashamed of that, but I'm not a big Maiden fan so I don't like making the connection (they're a good band, I'm just not into metal).

Last edited:
I didn't like Def Leppard until only recently, when their pop sensibilities and catchy-as-hell power choruses caught up with me. I love a good arena-ready chorus. :drool: Good harmonies, too.

Photograph
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Rocket
Armageddon It (stupid song, good chorus)

I'm not a fan of 80s power ballads, so I always skip past those.

Yeah, power ballads are bad. And Love Bites is one of the worst.

What about Rock of Ages and Foolin'? Those were SOLID.

Hysteria is like the Thriller of light metal, there were like 6 singles from that album, and another 3 that could have been. Pretty impressive from a pop standpoint. Animal was the third single, very catchy, and Women, the first single and leadoff track, had that cool comic book video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyEcDYdsJT4

Rock of Ages is okay, but not my favorite. Not a big fan of Fuh-fuh-fuh-FOOLIN'!

I forgot Animal. That one's pretty good, too.

I just picked up a used copy of Van Halen's "Best of Both Worlds." Not a fan of most of the Sammy Hagar stuff (save one or two songs), but I wanted those good, old-fashioned classic VH tracks. :up:

lazarus said:

My friend was into all that stuff. I was more of a metalhead, so Def Leppard was about the lightest stuff I could tolerate.

I had about 25-30 Iron Maiden posters, covering every bit of space on my walls.

My favorites:

iron_maiden_-_2_minutes_to_midnight.jpg

A politically-conscious song about the dangers of nuclear proliferation.

single16_stranger_a_small.jpg

Gotta love the Star Wars/Clint Eastwood mixed homage.

One my favorite bands :drool: Powerslave, Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of Seventh Son are fucking masterpieces :drool:

Except, I only listen to metal and heavy stuff (mostly 80's)

Last edited:
lazarus said:
Bruce was also a competitive fencer, and wrote children's books. There's some trivia for ya.

He's also an airline pilot, he actually flies the plane of the group for the Somewhere Back in Time Tour :wink:

The Sad Punk said:

highfive.gif

Don't know if there's a misunderstanding here (probably by me), 'cause I love Catherine Wheel and am not ashamed of that, but I'm not a big Maiden fan so I don't like making the connection (they're a good band, I'm just not into metal).

I did not realize you were referring to the connection....just thought you meant that even though you love CW, you forget that you do...and CW are light years beyond needing to be ashamed of, agreed.

Usually the mentioning of Elton John automatically summons Vintage Punk.

Someone Saved my Life Tonight

But, he's another performer that does not fall into the "ashamed" category.

No spoken words said:

He's brilliant. The songwriting team of him and Bernie Taupin is perfect. He's definitely on my short list of artists I must see perform live.:drool:

No spoken words said:

:drool: There is indeed no shame in thinking Elton John is awesome. Tumbleweed Connection and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road are both among the best albums of the 70's. :up:

U2isthebest said:

He's brilliant. The songwriting team of him and Bernie Taupin is perfect. He's definitely on my short list of artists I must see perform live.:drool:

GO! You have no idea what your missing his voice is :drool:

:yes: Yeah I've seen Elton live. It was incredible.... as far as the crowd being on their feet the entire show and singing along to all the songs, it was the closest thing I felt yet to the sort of feeling you get at a u2 show.

I was at the George Michael concert where they shot the video for his duet with Elton on "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me".

Should I be ashamed of that?

lazarus said:
I was at the George Michael concert where they shot the video for his duet with Elton on "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me".

Should I be ashamed of that?

You should consider yourself one of the most blessed people on the planet.:drool:

U2isthebest said:

You should consider yourself one of the most blessed people on the planet.:drool:

Ha, that's a stretch, but, I do like that version of the song.

Elton still sounds good, relatively speaking, but man oh man, was his voice truly special back in the laste 60's early 70's. Just amazing.

I love Stevie Wonder. There's certainly no shame in that ... unless you consider that I really have a huge soft spot for "I Just Called To Say I Love You," which I find extremely sweet and charming. With a killer melody (verses moreso than the chorus).

corianderstem said:
I love Stevie Wonder.

As you should.....in fact, to not like him is what one ought to be ashamed of.

corianderstem said:
I really have a huge soft spot for "I Just Called To Say I Love You," which I find extremely sweet and charming. With a killer melody (verses moreso than the chorus).

This, on the other hand.....

:)

Hey, I like "Overjoyed", which a lot of people I know make fun of.

For whatever reason, my favorite Wonder song is "Uptight", even though Talking Book and Songs in the Key of Life are the albums I'm most in awe of by him.

You should punch anyone who makes fun of Overjoyed. It's a BEAUTIFUL song. Lush and gorgeous.

Classic Stevie is just fantabulous.

But come on - is no one going to mock me for loving I Just Called To Say I Love You?

I guess it could be worse - I could have admitted to loving Part Time Lover. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom