I'm just getting into music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
71.gif

Dalton said:
Hi all,

I am just getting into music. I've never heard it before, but you guys all seem so passionate about it that I want to give it a try.

What should I buy first. Thanks,

Arcade Fire
Beatles
CCR
David Bowie
Elvis Costello
Franz Ferdinand
Guns N' Roses
Heart
John Lennon
The Killers
Led Zeppelin
Muse
Neil Young
Oasis
Paul McCartney
Queen
Radiohead
Steve Miller Band
Traffic
U2
Van Morrison
The Who

Gogogogogo :love:

must list:

LED ZEPPELIN
THE ROLLING STONES
JIMI HENDRIX
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
DAVID BOWIE
BOB DYLAN

every other act falls in bewteen

I think you should listen to top 40 radio and check out all the music reality tv shows. Those places will certainly steer you in the correct direction. :wink:

Rolling Stones
Van Morrison
Radiohead
Sly and the Family Stone
Elvis Costello

oh and U2:wink:

indra said:
I think you should listen to top 40 radio and check out all the music reality tv shows. Those places will certainly steer you in the correct direction. :wink:

...to permanent brain damage.

You're just mocking me because I didn't know about Wilco. :sexywink:

You don't deserve music. You have to be 18 years or older to hear it, and by making this thread, you're acting like a 10 year old. :|

Last edited:
LemonMelon said:
You're just mocking me because I didn't know about Wilco. :sexywink:

You don't deserve music. You have to be 18 years or older to hear it, and by making this thread, you're acting like a 10 year old. :|

Woah.

Step back from the edge, LM.

1. I was not 'mocking' anyone. I thought it would make for a fun thread. If someone doesn't know anything about music, where would you have them start.

2. Your thread is fine. Their are PLENTY of them on here. As a matter of fact, I believe I have posted similar threads for different bands.

In the words of Fran Healy - "Peace the Fuck Out" :wink:

There have been so many threads like this one. I don't think he was singling you out, Lemon Melon! Besides... there is nothing wrong with threads such as this one!

Anyways... umm, if somebody was really getting into music???... that's crazy... isn't everybody like.. into music from childhood when we hear shit on the radio? lol.

OK, maybe I overreacted. :wink: I must have an inferiority complex today. :lol:
I deleted the post, it was stupid. Sorry about that. :drool:

Anyway, to answer to thread...

I started my music love with U2 and Beatles, but that may not be for everyone...

For your dark moments:
Pink Floyd
Radiohead

For your headbanging moments:
Zeppelin
Aerosmith
Older Flaming Lips albums

For your shot of pop:
Beatles
Newer Flaming Lips albums
Supergrass:drool:

We could throw CD cases at each other...

...Loser leaves town.

I wish we'd get back on topic though...not that there was much of one to begin with...:huh:

Back
Top Bottom