I'm Internet lingo lame . . . what do "pwned" and "ftw" and all those other mean

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KhanadaRhodes said:
NO U!
lolpwn.gif

Re: Re: Re: I'm Internet lingo lame . . . what do "pwned" and "ftw" and all thos

FitzChivalry said:

Ummmm, ok, not quite sure how to take this.

In your opinion, to be quite honest, you'd like to murder me by beating and pulverizing me because I'm a lot of bore?
:lol: No it just means lurk more. It's what you tell someone when they don't understand something commonplace in a particular forum or the Internet in general. I don't want to kill you. :p

AtomicBono said:
this really hurts my soul to read
i know. and some of them are such a stretch, it's ridiculous. 10q is supposed to mean thank you? when said out loud it reads ten queue :huh: maybe if you have the right accent, ten can sound like tan which somehow resembles thank.

and another one you pointed out is just horrible, btdtgttsawio. i hate when people take long ass sentences and throw them together to make one long, headache-inducing abbreviation. i have a hard time believing anyone could easily rattle off that acronym without having to stop and think about the sentence, or having to explain to everyone what it meant, which doesn't save any time at all.

maybe i'm just getting old.
down.gif

im 19 and i think its retarded...some abbreviations are fine and standard but half of that list looks made up. do people really use those?

its like the cell phone commercial where the girl is talking to her mom and everything she says is an abbreviation

also its like this

http://www.friends2bmade.com/Default.aspx?cookieCheck=true

they're slowly but surely corrupting the minds of our children

"Reach in2 the closet and grab the 1st thing U find."

:(

though i think the worst offense is "cr8"

:(

Back
Top Bottom