I'm in pain....any suggestions?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2loopy

War Child
I have a massive pain in my center back below the right shoulder blade. I can't be sure if it's muscular or internal. If I make the slightest move the pain is so sharp that I sometimes feel faint.

It's also very hard for me to take in a deep breath without feeling the pain. Has anyone ever experienced this???

I can't think of anything physically that I may have done to agitate it unless I fell out of bed in my sleep or something.

The panicky-irrational thoughts in me are making me think I must have a blood clot or something because like I said earlier, can't figure out if it's internal or muscular and it hurts when I breathe.

Thanks for your help.

:help: :crack:

I once had a similar experience with bronchial constriction, but it was due to a severe allergic reaction.

If you continue to have trouble breathing, maybe you should think about seeing a Doc.

If you're panicked about it definatly see a doctor. But from my experiences they'll most likely give you some pain medication and send you on your way. :|

stubborness kicks in....

I know I should go to a doctor, that would be the best thing, but honestly I have no time to go. Sounds lame but I'm so busy right now cuz I'm in the process of moving (no I haven't lifted anything heavy) and plus I'm getting married in 24 days!!

I just hope it's nothing serious...this is definetly the WRONG time for anything to be wrong.
Talk about crappy timing!

Maybe it's stress.:crazy:

Well then I can say stretch it out a few times a day.. use ice packs when you can and take an over the counter anti inflammatory + pain reliever.

Sicy said:
Well then I can say stretch it out a few times a day.. use ice packs when you can and take an over the counter anti inflammatory + pain reliever.

yeah ice packs might work...but, if it is a tense muscle a heating pad also works nicely.

In the mean time you need to baby your arm, because in the case that you have done something seriously you don't want to make it worse.

Go ahead an make an appointment if you can if the pain dosent go away with in 8-12 hours.

clicksmilies35093.png

I've had something like this some time ago. It was horrible. But after a couple of days it got better. :yes:

hernia?????

Do hernia's occur in women??????:der: I wonder cuz my sis massaged the area for a bit and noticed the area was very swollen.

GAH!!!:no: :no: I hope it's not.

It does feel better since she massaged it.

Thanks everyone!:slant:

Last edited:
I'd say if the pain doesn't get better in a couple days, you should definitely see the doc.

If it were just a pain in your back I'd think twice about going to the doc too, but the part about being short of breath and feeling faint...It could just be stress, but it sounds like its something that needs to be checked out.

And especially since you're getting married in 24 days! I know you may not have a lot of time now, but if the pain goes on or gets worse, you'd hate to be in pain on your wedding day :sexywink:

I've had a similar problem occur with my back. It was a pinched nerve underneath my shoulder blade that caused my arm to swell and the circulation to stop occasionally in that arm as well. The problem breathing, if it is a pinched nerve, could be caused by the fact that the nerve is so close to your breath expansion area that it tweeks it whenever you breathe. Massaging, warm pressure to it, ibprufen, and staying away from lifting for a while should take care of it. However, I highly suggest seeing a doctor if sweeling does not go down within 24 hours. Although my crazy Italain doctor told me the swelling was due to my right handedness (damn you old man), I'm sure your doctor will have much more insightful information to share. Feel better. DOn't get too stressed either, cause that can only make it worse!!

:(

Re: hernia?????

u2loopy said:
Do hernia's occur in women??????:der: I wonder cuz my sis massaged the area for a bit and noticed the area was very swollen.

GAH!!!:no: :no: I hope it's not.

It does feel better since she massaged it.

Thanks everyone!:slant:

:lol: Yes, of course they do :) Anyone can have one. They are terrible.

It'd be handy if there was a doctor around here eh?

Like all these suggestions aren't worrying enough, it is exactly the symptoms my husband had when his lung collpased.
Chances are its none of these things, but get it checked.

Hope you feel better!

I'm back....

Well yesterday I woke up not being able to move....AT ALL. I couldn't breath, or talk either. The pain was so severe I nearly passed out a few times. I was able to call my sister to ask her if she could take me to the ER.

They took X-rays and found everything was ok. Turns out I severly pulled a muscle in between two ribs. Because of the area every time I took a breath the ribs would poke into my lungs.

But I'm much better now, partly because I know it's nothing serious and also because they sent me home with lots of yummy drugs. :wink:

Thanks for all your help. Oh, and Wanderer, I tried your suggestion....it didn't work.....it made it worse!!!!:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom