I'm in a bind.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So one of my classes is Public Speaking. Well our next speech we have to give is a speech to inform. Well I am having a hard time thinking of what to write. So far I can only think of one thing and that is about Hugo Chavez. He is the President of Venezuela and has been very outspoken against Bush. But I want to discuss his dark side and how he supports the anti-semetic president of Iran and how both are now packed together with Castros government. Any ideas?

Hugo Chavez is Fidel's puppet.

Just know that Cuba is only 90 miles from the U.S. and with Iran, Venezuela and Cuba all in cahoots and forming their own little axis, a short range missile aimed at a nuclear power plant in southern Florida would obliterate the southeastern U.S.

Have a great day!

Are you given marks for what information you provide about the subject and do you have to pick something in a specific area?

I had to do two 50 minute talks to 100 - 150 people last year, I'd never done much public speaking before so I stuck a topic I felt comfortable with (Ireland) because it was something I obviously knew a lot about and it was interesting for a group of foreign people to be told things about a different culture. Maybe you can think of something you are pasionate / know a lot about that would be simple to prepare and leave you time to practise delivering the speech.

Hmm, if you wanted to go the humanitarian route, inform people about Darfur . There have been a variety of different mentions of it on the news lately and most kids in my journalism class had no clue what it's about.
That's not as :yawn: as general African aid which everyone for the most part has an idea about. (Since Live Aid in '85 up to Live 8 last year).

Thats a good idea. I think I will talk about Darfur instead. The speech is about 10 min long.

Back
Top Bottom