I'm happy and I'm counting 1, 2 ,3 ,4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
The following items from your Annex order have been shipped:
1 - Elliott Smith - From a Basement on the Hill PRE-ORDER (CD)

yippeee

you can buy it on Itunes now, but I'm waiting for the cd...the gloarious cd. I will seal myself in a room all day

it's gonna be saaaaaad when I hear this album, cos when it's over I'll realize...that's it...no more

reviews:

http://www.cokemachineglow.com/reviews/smith_hill2004.html
http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews...mainRegion&rnd=1097703380718&has-player=false

Taken from Amazon.co.uk;

There's always a stigma attached to posthumous albums; witness the releases of Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley, even Jimi Hendrix and see the formula repeat-most releases are of a standard far below the artist's established catalogue, but are lapped up eagerly by the devoted. The posthumous release of From a Basement on a Hill from Elliott Smith, a man so often on the cusp of commercial acceptance, means that this album, regardless of its quality, will always tagged his 'death disc'. The injustice is that it is without doubt the most enjoyable album that Smith ever produced. Sounding as potent as ever with his trademark sound (imagine George Harrison permanently fronting The Beatles, but with power chords), the opening rock 'n' roll crunch of "Coast To Coast" sets out the blueprint for this excellent album, taking in acoustic delicacy and squalling guitars in equal measure, offering only an ambiguous hint of his passing on "A Fond Farewell", but flooring the listener with its sheer brilliance. The collision of chaos and melodic beauty puts this album in the five-star bracket and should be heard by all rock-music fans; it's just a shame Elliot Smith isn't around to enjoy the acclaim. --Thom Allott

smith_basement2004_cover.jpg

Pre-ordered it too. Went with the cheap bastard shipping, so it'll be here three or four days after it's out in record stores, but at least I won't forget to get it.

what really pissed me off (and is also proof that rollingstone sucks)
is that elliott gets only 3 1/2 stars while KID ROCK gets 4 stars
where is the justice

or are they being ironic?

basstrap, i've learned that when it comes to music and those who pretend to know anything about it, it's best to ignore everyone who has an opinion, because more than likely it's horseshit.

you know you're right.

k.c.

Back
Top Bottom