I'm going to Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love Toronto too :heart:

Eaton Centre is a great mall if you're into that kind of thing (right downtown at the corner of Yonge & Dundas) - otherwise, if you prefer trendy, upscale shops you'll want to check out Yorkville which is the area around Bloor & Yonge.

Doozer61 said:
Toronto is great. If you are a chocolate lover, be sure and stock up on Canadian chocolate, especially kit kats. :drool:

And a trip to the CN Tower is well worth it. :up:

Any sugar-free chocolate there? :wink:

I'm terrified of heights so no CN Tower for me! :yikes:

When walking along Yonge Street, be sure to visit Sam the Music Man. The Hard Rock Cafe is along that same stretch of roadway and is nearly across the street from the best breakfast place..."Eggspectation" ...:up:

If you're into Hockey, the Hockey Hall of Fame is there, I'm NOT a real hockey fan but I enjoyed seeing all of the memoribilia...have fun! We may be in Toronto in November...

ps..you're part of my Farewell Tour final posts....:wave:

the rockin edge said:

you should really go up the CN tower, it has glass panels on the floor in one area that you can stand on and look straight down. :tongue:

I'm getting a panic attack just thinking about that. :crack:

Mr. BAW said:
When walking along Yonge Street, be sure to visit Sam the Music Man. The Hard Rock Cafe is along that same stretch of roadway and is nearly across the street from the best breakfast place..."Eggspectation" ...:up:

And all of this is within a block of the Eaton Centre mall I mentionned above.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Eaton Centre is a great mall if you're into that kind of thing (right downtown at the corner of Yonge & Dundas) - otherwise, if you prefer trendy, upscale shops you'll want to check out Yorkville which is the area around Bloor & Yonge.

I think I read about that. Is that the mall with over 200 shops? :drool:

CN Tower :drool:

I never get tired of that..I get to go again in a few weeks...my aunt & uncle are coming from Ireland so I have to take them. Also, my cousins who were also visiting from Ireland in May got engaged up there when I took them.

Dooo ittt :up:

Bata shoe museum, underground city, check tickemaster and see if there are any concerts on, go to a Leafs game, shopping as mentioned before, Ontario Place (chinese lantern event), AGO - Warhol event.

What kind of food do you like?
Will you have a car or be doing public transportation( if you want to go outlet shopping)?
Where are you staying (or what part of the city)?

snowbunny00774 said:

What kind of food do you like?
Will you have a car or be doing public transportation( if you want to go outlet shopping)?
Where are you staying (or what part of the city)?

I like all kinds of foods. Italian, Japanese(including sushi :drool: ), Mexican, etc. I don't think we'll be renting a car, and I'm staying in Kings, which is downtown Toronto?

daygloeyes2 said:

I'm getting a panic attack just thinking about that. :crack:

Here are my feet! :evil:

28614DSC01553-med.JPG

Check out Little Italy (College Street between Bathurst Street and Ossington Avenue) and Greek Town (Danforth) too. Amazing restaurants. All easily accessible by the TTC. Also if you're into record collecting, or just want to check out shops, along Queen St. West is the so called "Entertainment District".

Have Fun.

Going (home) to Toronto on Friday morning for the Thanksgiving weekend! Can't wait!

There's a little street (Baldwin) that runs parallel of College, and it's just behind the hospital (Princess Margaret) which has some very good restaurants. A good Japanese one, very good Thai one, very good Malaysian place too. There are a bunch more, Indian, Italian, etc, and I've always had a nice time eating in that area.

Doozer61 said:

Here are my feet! :evil:

28614DSC01553-med.JPG

I got the same pic well, with my feet, not yours. When I went there in '97, I got off the elevator and saw a big crowd of people standing around something. My friend and I walked over to see what the fuss was about and voila, glass floor. NOBODY was standing on it, about 25 people were all looking and pointing so my buddy and I just said excuse me, excuse me, walked out to the middle of the floor, took pictures of our feet, gave a stomp and walked off to the incredulous stares of onlookers.

anitram said:
Going (home) to Toronto on Friday morning for the Thanksgiving weekend! Can't wait!

There's a little street (Baldwin) that runs parallel of College, and it's just behind the hospital (Princess Margaret) which has some very good restaurants. A good Japanese one, very good Thai one, very good Malaysian place too. There are a bunch more, Indian, Italian, etc, and I've always had a nice time eating in that area.

Oh yes, how could I forget...Matahari :drool:.... great Thai food.

daygloeyes2 said:

I think I read about that. Is that the mall with over 200 shops? :drool:

200? No way! Try 285!! :drool:

I'll be there Thursday!

http://www.torontoeatoncentre.com/home/index.ch2

Casa Loma looks nice too but I've never been - a castle in the middle of the city! Maybe others who've been can let us know if it's worth going to...

If you don't go, at least check out the pics below, it's so pretty :love:

http://www.casaloma.org/

Oh, Kensington Market, downtown in Chinatown, is an ecclectic market worth checking out on the weekend

Last edited:
CN Tower :yikes: Yeah, I live here and I've never been up it.

You like sushi? :hmm: There's a ton of sushi restaurants on Bloor between Spadina and Bathurst :drool:

Now for the U2 stuff: There's a great poster shop at 355 Yonge Street - World Of Posters - TONS of U2 stuff :drool: Just ask someone who works there for their U2 stuff and they'll show you every one of them :love: Sometimes they have shirts too :yes: If you're in Yorkville("celebrity hotspot" of the city), check out Sassafraz - http://www.sassafraz.com. Bono loves to go there when he's in town and there's pictures of him on the wall. Check out the "celebrity sightings" section for a few news clippings. Apparently once the waitresses took him out bowling :lol:

Whatever you want though, you'll find in this city :drool: Just ask someone to point you in the right direction.

TORONTO! I live there, but am on vacation right now.

If you like sushi, there's a GREAT place on St. Clair just west of Vaughan called Nama Sushi. :drool:

And now I'll reiterate what everyone else said: Casa Lome is nice and the CN Tower is also good. I don't go on the glass floor either, lol.

Eaton's Centre has great shopping and Yorkville is nice, yet pricey.

Hockey Hall of Fame is good if you're into hockey. Maybe check out a Leaf game if there are tickets which is doubtful.

Kensington Market is fun as is Chinatown.

Forest Hill is good to stare at the beautiful houses or you could drive to the Bridle Path and then cry yourself to sleep at night thinking about it. Oh and Prince has a house there.

Have fun in Toronto!!

Back
Top Bottom