I'm going to see "E.T." tonight...........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ET came out when I was a baby but we had the tape and I've seen it a lot. I hear they did something lame- they replaced the cop's guns with walkie talkies so kids wouldn't get scared. Get out of here, you're supposed to be scared! That's what makes it so exciting when ET makes the bikes fly! Oh yeah, like I'm sooooo scared of those walkie talkies ET.
rolleyes.gif
I don't even want to see the new version.

------------------
~"Mirrors on the ceiling, we drink champagne on ice, and she said "we are all just prisoners here, of our own device"~

From Hotel California, but referring to those of us trapped in Mr. MacPhisto's dungeon

I saw ET when I was 11 when it first came out, and I saw the rerelease last weekend. I cried harder than ever before. My whole face was covered in tears and snot, so be prepared!

Lovely eh?
biggrin.gif

my favorite movie of all time.

*sniff sniff*
I just saw the remake and the new parts were lame but it was SOOO worth seeing it on the big screen!

i'll be right here....

------------------
Well you can bump and grind If it's good for your mind
Well you can twist and shout Let it all hang out
But you won't fool the children of the revolution

U2 Take Me Higher

It was so good I can't believe it took this long for me to see it. I did cry, I felt like a baby-but I didn't know E.T. was going to die.
Now I finally know what "ET phone home" is all about...

I saw E.T. on Sunday and I got all choked up when Elliot was mourning E.T. and then he came back to life and was all excited because his alien family was coming to get him. my 6 year old daughter was giving me tissues! lol.
E.T. phone home!

------------------
you've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice..

I saw it once when I was quite young. Scared me half to death! lol. I didn't like ET, he terrified me.
eek.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I saw it once when I was quite young. Scared me half to death! lol. I didn't like ET, he terrified me.
eek.gif

Funny, I was terrified of E.T. myself back in the day, I use to have nightmares about him chasing me through the woods or like a bunch of E.T.s chasing me. I didn't like E.T. and I still don't which is why I'm staying away from that movie... so instead I can see Resident Evil.
wink.gif

never saw it either.

------------------
me3

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
ET came out when I was a baby but we had the tape and I've seen it a lot. I hear they did something lame- they replaced the cop's guns with walkie talkies so kids wouldn't get scared. Get out of here, you're supposed to be scared! That's what makes it so exciting when ET makes the bikes fly! Oh yeah, like I'm sooooo scared of those walkie talkies ET.
rolleyes.gif

What scene is this?

I clearly remember seeing on VHS the scene where the cops are chasing the kids, the kids run into a police barricade, one of the cops readies a rather large rifle, and then E.T. makes the bikes fly.

The first time I saw it I was about 6 or 7. And I cried sooo much. Infact, I was hysterical when he was in that machine...all aple and everything. I thought he was dead. I was so hysterical my mom wouldn't let me watch the end of the movie

Originally posted by speedracer:
What scene is this?

I clearly remember seeing on VHS the scene where the cops are chasing the kids, the kids run into a police barricade, one of the cops readies a rather large rifle, and then E.T. makes the bikes fly.

We all remember that from the VHS but I heard they changed it for the 20th anniversary special because Speilberg thought kids would be scared of the guns. I agree with Samantha though, what's the point of the thrill of the scene if there is nothing to scare the kids? That's why ET used his powers to make the bikes fly. Being too touchy ruins things.

I had a toy windup ET when I was a kid, and another one that you squeezed and his heart would light up. I used to repeat that line Gertie says, 'I don't like his feet' until everybody got so fed up with me and screamed.

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Originally posted by SamanthaPuff:
rolleyes.gif

Yeah...I wish they hadn't changed anything but the changes were barely noticeable. The policeman with the walkie talkie is just a split second and really doesn't make a difference IMO. It seems a little stupid to change the policeman holding a gun...I mean policemen carry guns...they have to and I think with all the violent stuff on television everyday, most kids wouldn't even be phased by seeing it. But anyway, I recommend definitely going to see it even with the changes.

Back
Top Bottom