I'm going to Mali, Africa with the Peace Corps!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
After over a year of being in the application process, I have finally received my offical invitation to service with the US Peace Corps and the assignment offered me is small enterprise development in Mali, West Africa. I can't really express how excited I am. :D I had hoped to get an assignment in French-speaking Africa and specifically Mali was the country I found myself most interested in. So, wow.

I am scheduled to start around August 12th, so the next months will be super busy. Tying things up, packing, saying goodbyes. It makes me tired just thinking about it. But I am so thrilled about the opportunity to get out there and attempt to help aleviate poverty in Africa, even if my contribution will be a tiny one.

Thanks to everyone in this community for walking with me along the way of my application path and I will be counting on your moral support in the days ahead.

-sula

:up:

too bad it didn't turn out to be eastern europe :D

but mali sounds like a nice place to visit
(for a day or 2)

seriously though, I know that this is the sort of thing you were hopng for and I wish you nothing but the best

sula!

:)

WOW!!!

What great news! I was hoping you had heard from them by now. That is so wonderful that you have been placed just where you wanted to go. This is so exciting. It will be a challenge for you once you get there and it will be a challenge just getting prepared for it. You have many new adventures ahead of you. Thanks for posting the news!

:hug:

You know I wish the best for you always.

Sula Darling!

Big shout out to my special girl. :up: :up: :up:

We will have to stay connected, please.

You?re so fucking cool. :)

Great for you, sula! :applaud:
Good luck and hope everything goes well for you!

Perle

Last edited:
:bow:

Yes make your dream come true. You make me all happy and excited. You?re a good girl. And I think you will have lots of very hard work, but it will make you grow. Maybe I?d even pass by, watch out :)

I?m proud of you.

well done sula, you have chosen a path so many people only dream about.
Good luck:hug: although luck is only a small part of it....hard work, inner strength, dedication, belief, asking for help if you need it and .....some music...you'll power and the people will rejoice. Go Girl!!

Congrats! :up:

I admire you for doing things I could never get myself to do. :sexywink:

Melon

Sula,

Congrats to you. You go, girl! :up:
I hope you'll have a great time in Mali and I'm already proud. Every contribution does help and you'll be part of that.

Good luck and have fun!

C ya! :wave:

Marty

Back
Top Bottom