I'm finally reading The Lord of the Rings!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skjuls

Refugee
Well, I'm finally reading it! I read The Hobbit in April while I was in Thailand and was so busy didn't get a chance to read the Lord of the Rings, but I'm doing it now to prepare the first movie!

I love the book so far, I'm currently in Book Two.

Who's going to see the movie on Opening DAy?

I am an idiot for not getting to read these sooner, and only now am starting to get an interest...shame on me indeed! I am looking forward to the movie, its shaping up pretty well from the trailors I've seen, should be a huge and justified movie event

I'll see it..

Lucky you reading it for the first time...I read it when I was 12...I've been waiting for these movies for a long time...

dream wanderer

I'm all about being at the movie opening day. I was born and raised on LOTR. Seriously, I'm an addict, I've read the series at least 12 time. Love it! I am stoked to see the movie, but I am pissed that Liv Tyler is involved and that they expanded the part of her character for her, it's really not that big a plot line in the books. Oh well that's HollyWood for you, but still...
mad.gif
GAO to Liv Tyler's poor acting skills.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Liv is getting good reviews from the critics...they are bit surprised themselves!!!
They had to do something with Arwen besides have her show up and look pretty and make a banner...it was ok for the book but it wouldn't work for a movie...I was afraid they were going to make her into a warrior princess and that would take away from Eowyn...but evidently that is not the case..

I had good intentions on reading Lord of the Rings, but somehow I lost those intentions.
Do I really need to read the Hobbit first?

I seem to recall Arwen only had a cameo in the Book One... or are we talking all the movies upcoming?
No, you don't need to read the Hobbit first... actually I haven't read it since I was a kid... I cried when Bilbo lost his buttons!
frown.gif
It does kind of help, but I've done all right with only a dim memory of it.
smile.gif

Although I can't help but wonder, if like Jurassic Park, the film is much more enjoyable if you don't know the book... *hrm*

I'll be there on opening night nonetheless! With my cloak, if it's not too hot.
biggrin.gif

I promised my dad I'd go with him to see the new movie. He's a dork.
smile.gif
But I'm excited about it. I still need to read The Two Towers and The Return of the King.

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Back
Top Bottom