I'm finally getting a PS2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
cool lemon
smile.gif

I dont know, I enjoy games like NHL 2001, Smackdown 2 (I think 3 is coming out soon??), and various fps games. But I dont have a playstation or anything like that, my friend jordan does.

Im gonna get a cube, but not until next year, mostly because Metroid, Rogue Squadron 2, and Smash Melee will all be out by that time. Im not particularly interested in luigis mansion or super monkey ball... *gag*

one word, ok 4:

Grand Theft Auto 3

Check out the gamespot's review
pretty much any other review will have similar sentiments.. it rocks.

Did I mention that I fucking hate consoles? ARgh.

My fiance just got the PS2 as well.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

how good is the dvd playback.
do you always have to use one of the gamepads or is there a kit you can buy?

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Personally I'd rather play console games than PC, even with my great PC. The only games I own for PC are Fifa 98, the Sims, Jedi Knight, Wheel of Time, and Majesty.

I don't like football enough to buy NFL 2002, but I've heard GREAT things about NHL 2002.

Any good RPGs out there besides of course the almighty FF series?

I know, it's a year behind, but I'm finally getting a Playstation 2, just as the Gamecube and Xbox are released. Anyways, what games do you suggest I pick up?

I'm already planning on picking up Devil May Cry, Tony Hawk 3, and Batman: Vengeance.

I CANNOT belive that no one has said this yet. The ONLY three words you need for the PS2 are: TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT.
Hell yes Tekken! Best fighting game ever. Plus there is the obvious Final Fantasy (FF is the bomb diggity.)
ANd if you liek fighting games, and you should, Bloody Roar 3 rules. You get to be animals.
AND keep your eyes open for Tekken 4 COMING SOON!

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Metal Gear Solid 2!
Metal Gear Solid 2!
Metal Gear Solid 2!
etc

SSX is the best game ever. Im getting SSX tricky in...2 days! In time for the weekend!

Oh and whoever asked about playing dvd's, you can actually get remotes for them. Sony make ones for about $45au, and there are cheaper/alternate brands available. You guys would have heaps available in the US.

i've watched more dvds on my ps2 than i have played games on it.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom