I'm experiencing my own electrical storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kari

Babyface
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
It is thundering real loud right now and the lightening is getting real close so I won't be on long tonite. We have been getting pounded here with severe storms all summer. It's getting a little scary. On Sunday we had golf ball size hail for 45 minutes straight luckily we have only minor damage. On the same day lightning struck the house and sparks came out of one of the outlets I was standing near. It fried out our answering machine and a lamp. I'm actually looking forward to winter for once. I have had a lot of scary storm experiences, how about you guys?

I :heart: storms!! (only sometimes not when i'm by myself at night) That hail does sound scary though, power outages are a pain, and sparks from your outlet?! :uhoh: But I normally love thunder and rain...:yes:...as long as I'm safe and sound inside. :D Driving in them is scary...my car almost floated away once in a storm...logs, parts of trees were just floating by all around my car... :no: Luckily it was a very tall vehicle. :)

i have a distance learning class, my teacher is in brookings, sd which is a little northwest of here and we could hear the thunder through her mike! twas quite a storm. but we didn't get it here :(

that would explain the draught here...*curses desert-like conditions*

i want to come back and apologize for the sucktitude of my previous post. i think i was drinking...or maybe i wasn't. whatever.

I :heart: storms too! Living here in Texas (in Tornado alley) we get our fair share of storms too!

I've definitely had my share of scary moments....

One time that really stands out is when I was in high school. There was a day care center for younger children just across the parking lot and play ground from the main high school building. I was taking a Home Economics class that year. Once a week we'd walk across the parking lot and play ground to go help with the little school children as credits for the class.

Anyway, there was a storm moving in one morning when the class was almost over. We were at the day care. We heard distant rumbles of thunder but nothing that seemed really close. We were more concerned about getting wet than anything else.

We had made it about half way across the parking lot, when we heard the loudest crack of thunder. We could even feel the static electricity on our arms. We all took off running as fast as we could, and at least to me, everything seemed to be going in slow motion. Of course we all know that taking off running in an electrical storm is the worst thing to do lol.

Aparently the band hall had gotten hit by lightening...students in the gymn said they saw a fire ball outside the doorway and blue glow above the sky lights...freaky :no:

I think this is why I'm scared of loud noises now :shrug:

And since I've lived here in Dallas I've had plenty of scary storm experiences too...one of the scarriest was a couple years ago when Fort Worth got hit by a tornado. Fort Worth is about 40 miles west of Dallas. I live in north Dallas. When they say the tornado is between Dallas and Fort Worth, moving northeast...that's a little too close for comfort for me...I remember the sky being this really dark eerie color. I'll never forget the sound of the thunder either...it was the most eerie sounding thunder I think I've ever heard. I even went and took cover in the bath tub.

Also another time, when I was at work, a few years ago, the transformer at work got hit by lightening. There is a highway out in front of the building, so we had a pretty flat view of the horizon off to the west. I don't think I've ever seen so many lightening bolts in my life. It was pretty much a constant wall of lightening bolts getting closer and closer...we all pretty much knew we had no chance of escaping getting hit. Our store was without power for almost 2 days.

Anyway....I could fill up this whole thread with my storm experiences...

Stay safe Kari! and don't forget to unplug the puter!

Send some of those storms my way! lol.

:shocked: Yes, I survived the storm. But it was pretty scary. We had frequent Lightning strikes very close to the house. But the worst part was the flooding. Almost every road I took to work was flooded out in a least one spot. And guess what it looks like it is gonna storm again!
Time for me to check out for awhile again. Bye Bye:grumpy:

I havent had any really scary storm experiences. I've seen a few from my window! lol, thats about as close as i'll get to being out in a storm :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom