I'm Embarrassed To Admit It, But...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael Griffiths

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I actually like Eminem's new song (it's the brand new one - it's NOT 'Cleaning Out My Closet' which I detest). They just showed the new video on Much Music. I hate to admit it, but it's really catchy. He really says all he wants to say, I'll give him that. It's got this great energy to it (trust me, I can't believe I'm actually saying this).

Another GREAT song is Madonna's new one, 'Die Another Day'. Almost sounds a little like Bjork in some ways, and what a funky groove! She knows how to pick her beats, I'll give her that.

Perhaps the best new video I've seen lately is for the new Our Lady Peace song: 'Innocent'. The director does a masterful job of using the forward technique (the camera constantly moving forward, but splicing in different scenes to give the illusion of constantsy). I like how everything then goes in reverse at the very end (yes, meaning a "return to innocence") Very arty and symbolic. Great, great song, too.

Questions, comments, cries of outrage all welcome...

Don't be embarassed to enjoy the music that you like. :tongue:

I personally think Eminem is quite a talent.

Madonna's new one makes me a bit nervous though. The jerky rythms going on.... I don't like it.

Michael Griffiths said:
I actually like Eminem's new song (it's the brand new one - it's NOT 'Cleaning Out My Closet' which I detest). They just showed the new video on Much Music. I hate to admit it, but it's really catchy. He really says all he wants to say, I'll give him that. It's got this great energy to it (trust me, I can't believe I'm actually saying this).

I really like this song.. it's very catchy, and not annoying at all. And addictive. ;) I didn't like Cleaning Out My Closet, either, but this is a good song.

Michael Griffiths said:

Another GREAT song is Madonna's new one, 'Die Another Day'. Almost sounds a little like Bjork in some ways, and what a funky groove! She knows how to pick her beats, I'll give her that.

I really like the sound.. it's kind of catchy. It's definitely got some elements of Music (the song :p ). Has anyone seen the video? It features Madonna escaping from the electric chair, having a bruised eye, fencing, having a bloody wound across her stomach, etc. I assume it's directed by Guy Ritchie, too. :tongue:

Re: Re: I'm Embarrassed To Admit It, But...

elevatedmole said:
I really like the sound.. it's kind of catchy. It's definitely got some elements of Music (the song :p ). Has anyone seen the video? It features Madonna escaping from the electric chair, having a bruised eye, fencing, having a bloody wound across her stomach, etc. I assume it's directed by Guy Ritchie, too. :tongue:
Yeah, I like the video (well, as much as one can like a video such as this). She get down and dirtly, alright. She is one of the fittest 40 somethings on the planet, I'm sure. How did she get away at the end? (I've only seen it once.)

Eminem's new one is the best he's ever had, but I will NEVER like Eminem :tsk:
As for Madonna's new one.. :barf: :madspit: :no:

"Stan" and a few others were good, but I don't like his new album, his act has grown tiresome

Madonna is still hot, actually I think she looks better in her 30s and 40s than she ever did in her 20s

I love the new Audioslave and Pearl Jam singles

I like both of those new songs...the Eminem one has grown on me a little...the first time I heard Madonna's new tune, the jerkiness drove me nuts...now I :heart: it!

Michael Griffiths said:

Hello,

I also think Madonna's Die Another Day is quite acceptable, but I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't like a Bond song. All those songs for James Bond movies had their own (and special) sound and that is lost in this one (making it not very special).

C ya!

Marty

It is still Bruce - 10 hours

Me too.

I am known for my detest for Eminem songs, but the new one is catchy and I actually keep my radio on when it is playing.

Back
Top Bottom