I'm Dreaming of a Sunny Christmas - How's your weather?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Well, the weather has held steady here in South Florida at 72 & sunny all week.. but right now it's a bitter 46 degrees outside!

How's the holiday weather with you? :) :wave:

It's been cold (for So Cal) and it was rainy earlier in the week, but that has cleared up. It'll probably be a cool, dry x-mas here.

Its been chilly and raining on and off all weekend in Orange County...I just saw the weather report and its supposed to rain again Christmas Eve night and again at the end of the week.

I :heart: the rain, especially since I work at home and don't have to drive in it :)

Bono's American Wife said:
Its been chilly and raining on and off all weekend in Orange County...I just saw the weather report and its supposed to rain again Christmas Eve night and again at the end of the week.

:lol: maybe if I ever watched tv I would know what the weather forecast is. Ok, so I guess it is going to be a rainy x-mas where I am. :huh: All the time I'm I wake up and it's raining out and I'm always so shocked.

Bono's American Wife said:

I :heart: the rain, especially since I work at home and don't have to drive in it :)

I also love the rain - gives us an excuse to have a fire in the fireplace!! :sexywink:

Well, right now it's 28 degrees (farenheit) and cloudy in the Chicago area. On Christmas it's supposed to be partly cloudy and high 24?/ low 14?. No snow until after Christmas, though. :(

it's supposed to be cooler here this week, in the 40's and 50's (f) during the day....rainy with thunderstorms Monday....and 30's during the night....cloudy and cool on Christmas day...I like tho....puts me more in the Christmas mood....last week it was in the 70's and it just didn't feel like Christmas...there's a slight chance of frozen precip, but mainly north and west of Dallas.

We are getting rain it never stops and its going to be mild- 12 degrees!!!

You cant see Ireland here for all the cloud but this is what it will probably be like on christmas Day :hyper:

brvis1.jpg

Its funny how that song, white christmas, has changed peoples views of the weather for the holiday. I mean honestly, its the only holiday we really care about the weather this much!

I just hope its nice outside...insert your perception of nice here...

:|

Here in southwest Colorado it's supposed to snow on Christmas with a high of 31 and a low of 8 :drool:
In Houston where I normally live it's supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 54 and a low of 35.

I'm glad I'm here instead :|

ABEL said:
it's supposed to be cooler here this week, in the 40's and 50's (f) during the day....rainy with thunderstorms Monday....and 30's during the night....cloudy and cool on Christmas day...I like tho....puts me more in the Christmas mood....last week it was in the 70's and it just didn't feel like Christmas...there's a slight chance of frozen precip, but mainly north and west of Dallas.

This is my weather.
Maybe that is because I am near Dallas.:der:

It's been FREEZING here for the last week...today was a little warmer though, and no rain so that's good. (my hair does wacky things in the rain...ewww.)

BUT...I want a White Christmas. Not just 'cause it'd be cool, but also because I have a bet on it and I just hate it when the bookies win.

In Mass.we're supposed to get a major snowstorm on Christmas day, up to 12" in some areas.
Gonna make for some f'ed up driving. Glad I only have to go 100 miles from the in-laws to my folks, then another 100 or so miles home.:no:

oz-land of wonder and extreme weather

I drove to my parents home on Christmas Eve in the WILDEST electrical storm...THE best fork lightning I have ever seen. As we drove through one little town, a transformer on a power pole exploded into sparks. It was spectacular. When we arrived, mum was cowering inside with the curtains all closed.....the boys and I set-up on the porch to watch the storm, much to her horror I was wishing I had remembered my camera.
Christmas Day was warm and windy., the sea was wild, but I went surfing with my neices..good fun( could they get any more gorgeous?)
Hub couldn't travel with us, so the dear man stayed home alone and watched "U2 beautiful day" on his own. He said U2 sure are one amazing band and that Bono's words brought tears to his eyes. What a show that was!!!
We are being given the most precious gift...warm steady overnight rain. Not enough to break the drought or make the creek flow ( our water situation has become very grim) but it will bring some relief. I can hear the kookaburras and magpies greeting the dawn, so that means the rain hasn't set in. The meterologists are saying the el nino influence may lift sooner than they had predicted.We can only wait and pray.

It's currently 19.1 degrees celsius, there is 34 millimetres of rain in the gauge( I just checked), there is a wallaby with a joey in her pouch grazing just outside my window, all 3 of my sons are home and sleeping peacefully, we are going to see the Two Towers this afternoon(woooohooo), my parents health is OK, mine has improved almost to a miraculous degree......

6 o'clock and all is well:wink:

Blessings to you musiclovers.
I feel blessed, truly
the weather is always perfect @Interference

Hewson said:
In Mass.we're supposed to get a major snowstorm on Christmas day, up to 12" in some areas.

My apartment in central Mass is supposed to get between 12-24 inches!!! :shocked:

Luckily I'm at home on the south shore- right now it's rain, but it'll snow later, probably around 6 inches.

:love: It's nice when you don't have to drive in it!

Back
Top Bottom