Im addicted to the Arcade Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Princey

War Child
...and U2 are to blame :eyebrow:

It all started with 'Wake Up' before U2 came on stage. i loved that track so much it convinced me to buy the album 'Funeral', which after a few hours listening to i fell in love with, causing me to want more AF so i went out and bought the EP, called 'Arcade Fire', which i also love.

Since then ive been scoruing the web for live boots, tried and failed to get tickets to one of their shows, constantly looking over eBay for vinyls and singles i dont have yet. I went out today and bought their new single, on both CD and Vinyl. On a night out on Sunday i even put £1 in the Jukebox to play one of their songs just so i could see the video for the song for the first time.

and if i wasn't just starting University at the time of the show, i would be seriously considering crossing the Atlantic to go see the Arcade Fire supporting U2 on the third leg :drool:

It reminds me alot of when i first truly fell in love and became 'addicted' to U2's music, and i was just wondering if anyone else has had this reaction after being introduced to The Arcade Fire via U2's intro tape at a show?

totally...and i got the cd, then the ep, now if only i had the money to buy the vinyls and go to the concerts...

the arcade fire rocks

and now i can't listen to love and peace without hearing wake up first!

it could be worse. you could be addicted to crack or bad music.

IWasBored said:
it could be worse. you could be addicted to crack or bad music.

:lmao: :up:

I really like Arcade Fire too, although I've liked them since I heard an mp3 of theirs sometime last year, not because of a U2 show.

If you don't want to cross the Atlantic, I did hear a rumour that they may do some European dates late this year or early next year. I'm a bit sceptical about that, to be honest, but if you really want to see them then it's something to hope for. :up:

if you are in the states, they will be performing at "Fashion Rocks" this friday on cbs... well if cbs decides to air their performance...

other performers: bowie, destiny child, alicia keys, duran duran, shakira... and... tim mgraw? ... emm yeah should be interesting...

FizzingWhizzbees said:

:lmao: :up:

I really like Arcade Fire too, although I've liked them since I heard an mp3 of theirs sometime last year, not because of a U2 show.

If you don't want to cross the Atlantic, I did hear a rumour that they may do some European dates late this year or early next year. I'm a bit sceptical about that, to be honest, but if you really want to see them then it's something to hope for. :up:

They played in Dublin this week, I think. :up:

I really like Arcade Fire.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Theyve just finished touring the UK...i tried to get tickts but failed, i underestimated just how popular they are over here :sad:

Princey said:

Theyve just finished touring the UK...i tried to get tickts but failed, i underestimated just how popular they are over here :sad:

Yeah, they played in my town last week but I couldn't go. :down:

Apparently the rumour I heard about them touring Europe later this year was wrong. NME are reporting that they're going to start recording their second album this year and won't tour Europe again until it's finished.

Oh well.

I'm seeing them in edmonton

oct. 5

who's coming!!<!>!>!>!<!!M!>!<M><M!:!?????

yes, i will be in edmonton, but i will be at the concert when it's held on oct. 4.

I will be at the very same concert at reds

whatever that jmeans to you

what does it mean to YOU, bassy?

what does ANYTHING REALLY mean ANYWAY??!?!?

sorry, that was the alcohol talking.

seriously though, that's pretty cool. :up:

I will actually be naked, so it will be easy to pick me up...out...pick me out

Back
Top Bottom