I'm about to receive the first 3 Cheap Trick albums...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
...and I am pumped.

God bless 70's power pop.

It's gonna be a good rocking night.

B00000C28I.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V35677454_.jpg

B00000C28J.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36348214_.jpg

B00000C28K.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36347989_.jpg

Mr. Brau, I just sought out all of Cheap Trick's early stuff last year and it's exciting to hear someone getting the same treat.

I'd say go one album further and get Dream Police as well. Not as strong as the first 3 but some great cuts.

And of course, Live at Budokan is a must-have, but make sure you get the full concert 2-disc set. These guys kill live.

MrBrau1 said:
...and I am pumped.

God bless 70's power pop.

It's gonna be a good rocking night.

What took you so long?

These three albums absolutely rock. It's a shame they couldn't keep it up after Dream Police, although they still did have some good tunes scattered throughout the rest of their career.

Re: Re: I'm about to receive the first 3 Cheap Trick albums...

phanan said:

What took you so long?

These three albums absolutely rock. It's a shame they couldn't keep it up after Dream Police, although they still did have some good tunes scattered throughout the rest of their career.

I was a "Best Of" boy. :sad:

I just spent 2 months devouring Badfinger's catalog, and went looking for more power pop.

Very happy right now.

Great band, think I first heard them in 1979.
Try and get the 4 CD box set “Sex America”, studio, live tracks and demos.
Two members did 3 songs with John Lennon, for his Double Fantasy album (I’m Losing You, Beautiful Boy & I’m Moving On) which I prefer but Yoko did not and they were canned.
Photo_2007_1_28_1_17_52.jpg

After 1 week with these albums, here are my fave tracks:

Downed
I Want You To Want Me
Oh Caroline
Southern Girls
Come On, Come On
So Good To See You
Taxman, Mr. Thief
Cry, Cry
Oh, Candy
Hot Love
He's a Whore
Mandocello
The Ballad Of TV Violence (I'm Not the Only Boy)
Lookout (Prev. Unrel. Studio Vers.)
Surrender
On Top Of The World
High Roller
Takin' Me Back
Heaven Tonight
How Are You?

Now to hunt down "Dream Police."

I made a single 80 minute CD of my favorite tracks from the first three albums (and with 80 minutes, you can get a lot from those short discs). It's similiar to what you just posted, and it's a barnburner.

Dream Police is good, but a notch below those three. Although it's worth it just for Gonna Raise Hell... :drool:

I grew up listening to Cheap Trick.
Robin Zander, Rick Nielsen, Tom Petersson, and Bun E. Carlos. :bow:
They are STILL one of my favorite 'oldies but goodies groups' from the 70's. :up:

Originally posted by MrBrau1
Downed
Southern Girls
Come On, Come On
So Good To See You

I would also say Big Eyes and Clock Strikes Ten. :applaud:

Originally posted by MrBrau1
Taxman, Mr. Thief
Cry, Cry
Hot Love
Mandocello
The Ballad Of TV Violence (I'm Not the Only Boy)

I love all those tracks too, but, Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace is my favorite from their 1st album ... not to mention,
also The Ballad Of TV Violence.
I always blast the stereo so loud on those two tracks!!
My next-door neighbors call up and complain because they too, can hear the music. :rockon:

Originally posted by Mr Brau1
Surrender
On Top Of The World
High Roller
Heaven Tonight

I can't forget these ... California Man, Auf Wiedersehen :dance:
And of course, Stiff Competition :giggle:

phanan said:
Although it's worth it just for Gonna Raise Hell... :drool:
Their best tune by far.

A while back(8-10 yrs ago I think) Cheap Trick did a tour where they plated the 3 first albums in their enitirety on successive nights. They played the Paradise here in Boston, a Thu, Fri and Sat night.
Wife and I went to the Saturday show which featured "Heaven Tonight".
We stood against the right side of the stage, it was a very good show (I've seen them on a number of occasions, always a good show), and after completing the run through of "Heaven Tonight", they played other tunes to round out the night.
They played "Gonna Raise Hell"...Tom Petersson was about 5 feet from me plucking out that bass line, something to see.

Anyone ever been lucky enough to catch the elusive Rick Nielsen guitar pick :wink: at a show? I must have a dozen.

Back
Top Bottom