I'm about to buy the Cure's Disintegration...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In between Days

you bitches have no idea how happy this song makes me:heart:

http://youtube.com/comment_servlet?all_comments&v=4CgWhNSD3KI&fromurl=/watch?v=4CgWhNSD3KI

yesterday i got so old
i felt like i could die
yesterday i got so old
it made me want to cry
go on go on
just walk away
go on go on
your choice is made
go on go on
and disappear
go on go on
away from here

and i know i was wrong
when i said it was true
that it couldn't be me and be her
inbetween without you
without you

yesterday i got so scared
i shivered like a child
yesterday away from you
it froze me deep inside
come back come back
don't walk away
come back come back
come back today
come back come back
why can't you see?
come back come back
come back to me

and i know i was wrong
when i said it was true
that it couldn't be me and be her
inbetween without you
without you

:dancing:

Time for an EXTREME bump here. :drool:

I finally listened to Disintegration for the first time all the way through today, and I'm hooked. :yes:

Granted, it's not perfect (Last Dance :yuck: ), but the great stuff is positively wonderful (Lovesong, Lullaby). The atmosphere is great, and it really sucks you in to its own little word...a depressing world, granted, but a beautiful one.

Music doesn't have to be wild and fun to be good...there's a melancholy beauty to art. Is the Mona Lisa fun? Or Starry Night? No, not particularly. But they're a beautiful thing to behold...and it causes emotions to rise up in you. Even though it's technically lifeless, it feels like more than that...and that's really what makes music so amazing...that a small circle of plastic could move you as much as it does.

Disintegration, however, doesn't seem to be an "everyday" record, but, like Kid A, Sea Change, Blood On The Tracks, etc, there are few things that will move you as much as it does when you're in the mood for it.

LemonMelon said:
Time for an EXTREME bump here. :drool:

I finally listened to Disintegration for the first time all the way through today, and I'm hooked. :yes:

Granted, it's not perfect (Last Dance :yuck: ), but the great stuff is positively wonderful (Lovesong, Lullaby). The atmosphere is great, and it really sucks you in to its own little word...a depressing world, granted, but a beautiful one.

Music doesn't have to be wild and fun to be good...there's a melancholy beauty to art. Is the Mona Lisa fun? Or Starry Night? No, not particularly. But they're a beautiful thing to behold...and it causes emotions to rise up in you. Even though it's technically lifeless, it feels like more than that...and that's really what makes music so amazing...that a small circle of plastic could move you as much as it does.

Disintegration, however, doesn't seem to be an "everyday" record, but, like Kid A, Sea Change, Blood On The Tracks, etc, there are few things that will move you as much as it does when you're in the mood for it.

:up::up:

I love lullaby :heart:

I haven't listened to it in years. Actually, I thought if you'd like Lullaby and Lovesong you'd like Last Dance.

My favourite is the title track, though. By far.

Anyone heard their 'Mixed Up' album? It has some fantastic reworked versions of their hits.

LemonMelon said:
Quick, everyone; tell me how amazing it is until the hypometer is so sky high it couldn't possibly live up to expectations and I end up horribly disappointed. :hyper:
It's kind of wishy washy. Just like Heaven is great, though.

Show me show me show me :dance: :dance:

Back
Top Bottom