I'll take 16 Victories for $500,000 Alex.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (AP) -- A Utah man is the new Jeopardy! king, having pocketed more than a half-million dollars during a dominating 16-show run on the quiz show.

Ken Jennings was seen on his 16th straight Jeopardy! episode Wednesday, winning once again to bring his total winnings to $512,959.

The 30-year-old software engineer broke the Jeopardy! record early in his run. Tom Walsh, of Washington, D.C., held the previous mark, earning $184,900 in seven days on the show in January.

Then along came Jennings, who is no stranger to the world of quick quiz. He was a member of Brigham Young University's successful College Bowl team in the 1990s. Jennings also edits literature and mythology questions for the National Academic Quiz Tournament.

Jennings' Jeopardy! streak is over, though viewers may not realize it. The Jeopardy! episodes featuring him were taped in February, and Jennings is back home in Utah, though he is refusing comment for now.

After the show featured him passing the $250,000 mark last week, Jennings told The Salt Lake Tribune, "It's a little bit like shock, like you can't believe how fast it goes by. Thinking back, it's all just a blur."

Two Jeopardy! rule changes over the years have helped Jennings set the record.

Jeopardy! recently dropped a restriction that limits champions to only five days on the show. The value of the questions are also worth double what they used to be.

the other day this one guy started to give him some competition but that guy then bet it all on the last thing and was wrong. dumbass.

i wish i didn't know this. my brother is obsessed with jeopardy.

Did anyone find that was hard to read with all the ! over the place?

All the interesting people come from Utah though. Mofo, Gary Gilmore, the Jeopardy! guy...
:hmm:

There was a guy who won the first Tournament of Champs back in like 1986 or so I believe his name was Chuck Forest (scary that I can recall that) who would wipe the studio floor with this guy. Of course back then you could only win 5 times, and the dollar values were half what they are now, Chuck at the time was the record holde for winnings. Falling ratings and competition from Regis have forced Jeopardy to change their rules a bit and Jennings is certainly benefitting. Good for him. He can buy lots of caffeine free Pepsi.

Screw Jeopardy anyway...I passed their test back in 2000 and the pr*cks never called me to be on the show.

I'm usually a Jeopardy addict, but this guy cured me of that. :yawn:

Crazy Utahns. This just shows that they need to study less and get out more! I know of a place where you can dance and watch rodeos at the same time... :wink:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom