ik ben in Nederland!! (with DrTeeth)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sulawesigirl4

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
hello all!!!

sula here. yep, i am still alive, and currently sitting in front of DrTeeth's computer screen. :D tomorrow morning i do believe that we are off to Amsterdam to meet up with some of the other Dutch interferencers. woohoo!

anyways, we have had a fun evening so far...riding the train from Utrecht to Zwolle, walking and walking and walking (yay Netherlands...lots of exercise ;)) eating out at an Indian restaurant, walking some more and freezing in the process (at this juncture, DrTeeth says that i am making fun of him and his country, but i would like to go on record that i am NOT...merely providing commentary) and now drinking delicious Dutch beer whilst posting here with Nick Cave singing in another room. fun, eh?

how is everyone? i feel like i have been very out of touch lately, so feel free to fill me in on all the gossip. ;) oh, DrTeeth just showed me the ES video. wow. larry girls must be dead and in heaven or somethin'. Can anyone tell me how the hell they convinced Mr Badass Larry to be in such a kissey-face video. lmao. :p :D

ok, well i hope all is well. i shall be checking back in a bit more in the next few days while i am here in the Netherlands. And YES, pictures of this fun occasion WILL be taken, no worries. :D

ta,
sula

:wave: Hi Sula! Good to know you're having fun over there! I think the Netherlands is one of the best places I've visited!

Buiten huilt de wind om 't huis
Maar de kachel staaat te snorren op vier..
Mens, durf te leven!

Sounds like a whole lot of fun , I am glad you are travelling well. Thanks for checking in.
Gossip ? not much that I know of. I am excited as usual. The girls insisted. I am going to see INXS next week, so I may have some after then.....with any luck.
Re: Larry & ES, latent talent dear, he always had it , was just a bit shy. I think it may also have something to do with turning 40. You want to do things asap. Good result eh?

Best wishes to everyone up there.
:wave:

gee, was my poetry that bad? sorry to kill your thread.

:sad: 'I was serious, btw..I think electrical storm is brilliant.

SUUUUUUULLLAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

YAY sulas still alive!!! Hope yer havin a great time guuuurl!!! We sure miss ya back home!!! Bodie says Hi and Shannons gettin drunk at college and Jeffs still werkin at the airport and i got a geetar and *pwew*

We just can't wait to have ya home!!!

We'll have a welcoming commitee and a brunch set up just for hte Occasion!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

sulawesigirl4 said:
anyways, we have had a fun evening so far...riding the train from Utrecht to Zwolle, walking and walking and walking (yay Netherlands...lots of exercise ;)) eating out at an Indian restaurant, walking some more and freezing in the process (at this juncture, DrTeeth says that i am making fun of him and his country, but i would like to go on record that i am NOT...merely providing commentary) and now drinking delicious Dutch beer whilst posting here with Nick Cave singing in another room. fun, eh?

Hmmm, walking and walking? Indian restaurant? I thought you were talking about today! Well, more exercise for you then. You'll leave the Netherlands as one healthy girl!

As for a report, stories, etc. I've posted both in the U2 Gatherings forum as in the Dutch thread in Viva el Feedback. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but don't worry, they'll come soon (Sula? Are you listening? You know what to do!)

C ya!

Martijn

hey Martijn...I posted in your thread in the Gatherings forum. You did a very good and complete job of reporting. Matthieu agrees. ;) And I just mispronounced his name again...godverdomme!! :p oh well. thanks to all of you, my dutch is improving so much....now i can say a few bad things. woohoo.

anyways, as i said in the other thread, this has been a fabulous day and you were all really really fun to meet and hang out with. I wish we could do it more often. :sad: But now I have a good excuse to come back, I guess.

Ali Rose, girrrrrl, I miss ya! And every time I saw a kittie in Amsterdam today, I thought of how glad I am that my babies are safe with you. :) Keep Russ out of trouble and save a spot for me at Molly's.

anyways, i should log off and let DrTeeth get on as he has to sit here and hear me talk and type at the same time. how annoying. lol.

nite nite everyone. pictures will come when they are developed and scanned. hopefully sooner rather than later, but you never know.

De ballen,
sula

p.s. oh, April, I gave DrTeeth that hug. ;)

Last edited:
hmm. :kiss: Any more requests? :lol: Poor DrTeeth...it must be a rough life.

Anyways, yesterday was fabulous in Amsterdam and the Dutch gang is so cool! We all got along really really well and I wish I lived here and could hang out with them more. Ah well, reason to come back I guess.

And yes, kobesan...I am alive. :D Thanks for all the emails you have sent...oh wait! :p

Today is grey outside, but it looks like typical Dutch weather. We are being lazy, woke up late, I cooked brunch and we have been listening to U2 and other stuff while surfing the net. laaaaazy day sunday. I think I am cooking Indonesian food tonite. :D

i can see the rumour mill churning

Gina Marie said:
Hi Sula :wave:-sounds like you're having a great time

Have you found your own personal Viggo yet? :D

:sexywink: he's sitting next to me. lol.

dammit, Elevation bootlegs make me homesick for U2 shows. :scream:

:wave: Gina Marie...how you been lately?

Re: i can see the rumour mill churning

sulawesigirl4 said:

:sexywink: he's sitting next to me. lol.
:wave: Gina Marie...how you been lately?

Really? :drool: oh my :D

I'll e-mail you at your regular addy soon, if you have time to read it

viggo19.jpg

Last edited:
sulawesigirl4 said:
Today is grey outside, but it looks like typical Dutch weather. We are being lazy, woke up late, I cooked brunch and we have been listening to U2 and other stuff while surfing the net. laaaaazy day sunday. I think I am cooking Indonesian food tonite. :D

I'm getting really confused now. I think there are about three or four threads about your visit to the Netherlands, all in different forums. Now I don't know where to ask this question. :confused:

How was the cooking? Is DrTeeth still alive? :p

I still haven't been outside today, but it the weather looked like it was nothing special. OK, there was no rain (I think :eyebrow:), but for the rest it was just like any other day in the autumn.

C ya!

Marty

DrTeeth still alive? hmmm. Well, he just posted, so I guess he is. ;) The food was...well...I was the cook, so I can't comment, can I? lol. It turned out as I wanted though, so that is good. :D

Yeah, the weather was nothing special. So much so that I don't think we stepped outside all day long. It rained this morning though. I like being on vacation with nothing to do. :p

Back
Top Bottom