If your country doesnt win the World Cup...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cloudimani

Acrobat
..who would you prefer to see lift the trophy?
Although its possible that any of the 32 could win it, lets face it, for most of them, its just not very likely is it?
So who is your next favourite team?

Well, when Ireland go out in a 7 goal thriller in the semi final (not 7-0 though ;) ) :D
I'd like to see Argentina or especially Italy (Forza Azzurri!) to be champions come the 30th of june.

Why do you like Germany so much? I find it perplexing. I would have thought no neutral in their right mind would support Germany.

Well, as a Scotsman I can never root for an England win of the World Cup! :D So that leaves quite a few teams who are capable of winning the cup which are Italy (Forza Italia!), Brazil (I simply luuuurrrvvvveee those yellow shirts and their silky skills!) and er thats it!

Though I would expect both South Korea and Japan to do well and progress as far as the quarter finals, I cant see France, Germany and Portugal doing the same, they are well, basically crap!

Anyway this years World Cup so far is really entertaining with surprise results of Senegal against France and USA against Portugal and a host of other good matches! So long may that continue!

dougal ;)

Man! Did you see what hapenned to France? Kinda complicated for them to get to the new phase...:ohmy:

On the topic, despite all the rivalry between Brasil and Argentina concerning football (well, not only in football, in fact :p ) if Brasil does not make it into the final I would like to see Argentina there. They really have a good team and my neighbours have been through such a tough crisis there...They surely are in need of some joy, some good things to celebrate.

Other than Argentina, maybe and African team. Not likely though.
:cool:

If England go out (i'm a bit dubious about our chances at the mo :sad: ) Then i will be supporting Ireland and Italy. I hate the fact the Scottish and Irish etc think that because we are english we won't support their teams, i'm hoping Ireland do very well! But i would like to see Italy win, and def not france or the arrogant Argentinians! :tongue: (i'm biased! lol)

I keep my fingers crossed for POLAND and ITALY!

I will be able to support only one of these teams soon, because Poland probably won't qualify to the second phase of the tournament. Even if we do it then we will play with... Italy.

BTW It's a pity that Roberto Baggio stayed at home...he is still the best :attn:

well if argentina don't win the cup (and i don't think that is possible) sorry desertsky! :p
then the US team should win! ok maybe denmark will do well, they have played well so far in the tournament.

well if england dont win

Ireland, Well lets face it most of there players are probably really English anyway :D

Other than that Brazil or an outsider like Senegal

bullet the blue sky said:
Why do you like Germany so much? I find it perplexing. I would have thought no neutral in their right mind would support Germany.

ahhh, very personal reasons....

maybe support some teams in some countries can be odd, not in others, here it would be odd to support any brit team.

hard to explain, to me Germany is as I say for personal reasons. Even I know some nice english ppl, I don't support them, sorry :-D

Holly said:
Well lets face it most of there players are probably really English anyway :D

im not going to say anything yet, because i hope that smiley face at the end indicates your joking.

Holly, would you mind just explaining if its a joke or not? i dont want write angry stuff at you, if you were joking, or if im just being oversensitive or something.

I really hope youre joking, because i was So ANGRY when i read that. ill save my rant until youve explained, because i dont want to get all high and mighty.

Thanks

Desert_Sky said:
i'm hoping Ireland do very well! (i'm biased! lol)

Thanks a million Desert Sky!

You are what i would consider a great fan, if that means anything to you! And if you read my very angry post, i hope you know that I DO NOT CONSIDER ALL ENGLISH FANS AS HOOLIGANS!

its the minority and the media which get my back up!

What do you mean "if our country doesnt win????" of COURSE were gonna win! They said it was impossible....!!"

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!

oh come off it people. You know we yanks will win.

:lol:

lmao.

Oh and anyone who thinks I'm serious...please refer to the incredulous laughing smiley. :D

ccolhandlaura said:

Thanks a million Desert Sky!

You are what i would consider a great fan, if that means anything to you! And if you read my very angry post, i hope you know that I DO NOT CONSIDER ALL ENGLISH FANS AS HOOLIGANS!

its the minority and the media which get my back up!
Hey thanks! I feel very priveleged u say that bout me! :wink: I have the upmost respect for Ireland, and hopr they do very well. and don't worry, i know u don't think all English fans are hooligans. I can't tell u how much that minority piss me off as well! Football is there to be enjoyed by one and all, and not be spoilt by the few that are hellbent on causing trouble.:mad:
Thanks again! ;)
Oh and sparkysgirl, i'd better not mention the result today ;) hehe

MY.......GOD i think the whole bloody country would be on a big party for a year, with an almighty hangover until we qualify for euro 2004!

it really would be unreal.....cant comprehend it at this minute.....bloody hell!!!!!!:drool:

ccolhandlaura said:
MY.......GOD i think the whole bloody country would be on a big party for a year, with an almighty hangover until we qualify for euro 2004!

it really would be unreal.....cant comprehend it at this minute.....bloody hell!!!!!!:drool:

Oh baby i can jsut think of people guzzling down that Guinness and everyone dancing up and down O'Connell Street and down along the Quays and having massiiiiive par-tays....and then you know U2 would HAVE to be there.....singing some songs on top of the Clarence or something woooooooow :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom