If you were a police officer.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WOULD YOU GIVE ME THE DAMN TICKET?

• yes. you are a loser and deserved it. you will now go to hell for speeding.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No, I would have let you off.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

*BOOMCHAA!*

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
would you have given me a ticket for going 18 miles over the speed limit therefore costing me $195, therefore making it impossible to get the new Greatest Hits cd since I have to save every penny I have now?

I would have let you off if you said, "I was speeding to get to the music store to get the Best Of".

I would have given you the ticket if you said that while you were listening to Creed.

auto003.gif

If I was a male cop and you showed me your boobs...I would have given you a warning.

If I was a female cop, boobs wouldn't work (well, maybe if they were really nice...uh, nevermind :silent: ) but if you told me you were on your way to buy the new Best Of CD, I would have let you go.

Go to traffic court and fight it. If you have a good record already, the judge might give you a break or send you to driving school (hey, 3 hours out of your day and you're home free). The cop might not even show up and then you're really off the hook.

What pisses me off is that "studies" (don't ask me which ones, but I have read about this and it makes sense to me) have shown that those who drive 10-15 mph above the speed limit have very safe driving records because when you speed you are generally alert, concentrating, in control of the vehicle, aware that you're speeding and therefore being very careful because you don't want any trouble. (Of course, there are exceptions to this, but it rings true for me most of the time.) Those with the worst driving records are the ones driving slow and not paying attention. Speeding tickets have little to do with safety and everything to do with revenue. :mad:

joyfulgirl said:

What pisses me off is that "studies" (don't ask me which ones, but I have read about this and it makes sense to me) have shown that those who drive 10-15 mph above the speed limit have very safe driving records because when you speed you are generally alert, concentrating, in control of the vehicle, aware that you're speeding and therefore being very careful because you don't want any trouble. (Of course, there are exceptions to this, but it rings true for me most of the time.) Those with the worst driving records are the ones driving slow and not paying attention. Speeding tickets have little to do with safety and everything to do with revenue. :mad:

I like these studies.
I like the way you think joyfulgirl:yes:

Yes, you should be able to take a defensive driving class or something and have the ticket dropped. Don't pay that much for the ticket. :no:

Back
Top Bottom