If you live in NYC and want to see DMB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGi

New Yorker
http://channelevents.aol.com/concert_schools/index.adp

The AOL Concert for Schools is a free, ticketed event. No one will be allowed to enter the park without a ticket. Tickets will be distributed throughout the five boroughs of New York City by AOL street teams through an instant win sweepstakes from September 13 through September 23. Official rules are available for AOL users at AOL Keyword: DMBTIX. On the web, go to www.aol.com/dmbtix.

I'll be in NYC for a week and that would be the day I'm leaving, of course. :mad:

i give up. i was trying to post a picture of spam and i couoldn't get the tags to work

carry on, nothing to see here

Last edited:
do you have the following clothing items ready to wear? :

*teva's or berkenstocks

*worn out and faded baseball cap of your college prefer to see UVA

*t-shirt displaying your latest fraternity or sorority social

or
* t-shirt from Abercombie & Fitch in Hunter Green or Navy Blue?

unless you have those clothing items, you may stick out and look well :shifty: old. :sexywink:

I know most of you here do not like DMB, but in case any of the rest of you are closet fans I have to tell you all about this. Its about the 5th or 6th time I have seen them in the last 10 years. The first being in a tiny club. This was the best DMB show I have been to. Amazing.

We (my brother, my friend and myself) had a VIP tickets, which was unreal. Tim Robbins, Kevin Bacon, a few Sex in the City crew, and a bunch of other famous people where in this area. Free food, open bar, bathrooms, blankets for us to sit on before the show, a grass area backstage, a private area up front for the show. I have been to NYC many times but never to Central Park. Wow, that place is amazing. To turn around and see the midtown skyline was unreal. 100,000 people probably at the show.

The show was excellent, like I said best of the shows I have been to. Finally, got to hear their cover of watchtower in person. They played for just over 3 hours.

During the day I met two people at the empire state building who had come without tickets from Iliinios. I gave them tickets to the show and they told me I made their day. That was pretty cool to hear. I gave another person a ticket in the afternoon outside the show as well I brought some drinks to some people in the GA area just before the show. My condition was that they had to go buy an Idlewild CD this week.

I am trading for the show so if any of you secret DMB fans are interested in the recording let me know. I will send out copies once I have it. They plan to release a DVD of the show. :hyper:

Here is the setlist:
http://www.nancies.org/tour/reviews/20030924/

If any of you want to stream the show, AOL is hosting for memebers and non members alike:
http://channelevents.aol.com/concert_schools/liveevent.adp

Dave's Solo album is out this week as well in case anyone cares.

Martha - I wish you could have come. It was freaking unreal.

sounds like it was fun. saw DMB before and they do put on a good show.

Craig's List here in NYC had a posting today. Some guy was trying to find the girl he met last night at the concert. said she was wearing Abercrombie. Good way of narrowing it down. ;)

Back
Top Bottom