If you like u2... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2005, 02:57 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:12 AM
^
Booya

Old 03-12-2005, 03:21 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Neenie
Same here, I've given up on listening and trying out other bands. Only U2 does it for me..
That is sad I think, considering the many great artists that are making music.

So indeed, check out the Just The Bang And The Clatter forum (which is a subforum of Lemonade Stand and where I think this thread belongs) and broaden those horizons.

BTW, artists that need a mention also include Elvis Costello and Urban Dance Squad.

Marty

Old 03-12-2005, 04:05 AM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn
That is sad I think, considering the many great artists that are making music.
Why...just because other bands nowadays don't have the same effect on me as U2? I find most of the stuff on the radio these days bland and boring, that’s why I listen to U2. I do have cd's other than just U2 such as Inxs and New order - Back in the days when super groups were around. Radiohead, Limp biscuit, coldplay don't do it for me (except for clocks). I'll stick with U2 thanks, unless a better group comes along
Old 03-12-2005, 12:20 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Neenie

Why...just because other bands nowadays don't have the same effect on me as U2? I find most of the stuff on the radio these days bland and boring, that’s why I listen to U2. I do have cd's other than just U2 such as Inxs and New order - Back in the days when super groups were around. Radiohead, Limp biscuit, coldplay don't do it for me (except for clocks). I'll stick with U2 thanks, unless a better group comes along
I agree with what Marty is saying.

There are much better bands than Limp Bizkit and Coldplay but you probably won't find them if you only listen to a popular music station that churns out the same garbage day after day. Maybe it's a silly suggestion, but, have you ever thought that bands who aren't releasing songs nowadays or who have broken up still have great songs and that you can still listen to them? People have given some great suggestions in this thread and there are some real passionate and enthusiastic music lovers on this site who are always recommending new albums/ bands to check out.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #20

Local Time: 03:12 AM
Sorry I had no idea where to put this.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen

I agree with what Marty is saying.

There are much better bands than Limp Bizkit and Coldplay but you probably won't find them if you only listen to a popular music station that churns out the same garbage day after day. Maybe it's a silly suggestion, but, have you ever thought that bands who aren't releasing songs nowadays or who have broken up still have great songs and that you can still listen to them? People have given some great suggestions in this thread and there are some real passionate and enthusiastic music lovers on this site who are always recommending new albums/ bands to check out.
I agree. Radio sucks, and if that is what you use to base your opinion of "music these days" you get what you deserve -- crappy music. If you're willing to dig a bit deeper there are many wonderful bands releasing terrific music. All it takes is the willingness to search and listen.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #22
Refugee

Ya gotta listen to Keane.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:21 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by unosdostres14
Ya gotta listen to Keane.

they were much better when they were named "Radiohead".
Old 03-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nerfherder
Man, the possibilities are endless! LOL.

My personal favorites (aside from U2, the ultimate for me): The Police, The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Beatles, David Bowie, Queen, Led Zeppelin...
and Bad Company and Bruce Springsteen and the Doors and Eric Clapton and them folk.
Old 03-12-2005, 03:49 PM   #25
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO

they were much better when they were named "Radiohead".
Seriously, that is one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen.... I have never heard a single one of either of their songs that sounds remotely alike.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:12 PM
The whole "Band X was better when they were called Band Y" thing is pretty stupid and played out. All bands have their influences, and there's not much new under the sun.

Gotta agree with mofo, though. How on earth Keane and Radiohead sound alike, I'll never know. I own albums by both. Keane doesn't even have a guitar player.

Kudos to those who are searching out new music. There's so much wonderful stuff out there. I, of course, recommend a little band named Placebo.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:25 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

Seriously, that is one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen.... I have never heard a single one of either of their songs that sounds remotely alike.
light Radiohead version? no, wait, that's Coldplay

and I agree with Marty, indra and Lara... but well, if someone don't want to expand music horizons there is nothing to do
Old 03-12-2005, 08:33 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by ZeroDude
The Stone Roses, The Who, Johnny Cash,Coldplay, Jesus and The Mary Chain, Joy Division, The Cure, Kasabian, The Happy Mondays, The Waterboys, Television, The Velvet Underground,The Chemical Brothers, Tupac, Run DMC, Saul Williams, Jeff Buckley,

The Kinks,Thin Lizzy,Nas,Suede,The Boomtown Rats, The Bravery,CCR,Damien Rice, The Delays, The Divine Comedy,The Doors, The Flaming Lips,Guns and Roses,Madness, Keane,Queen, The Stranglers, The Undertones

The La's, The Grateful Dead, Jamiroquai, Orbital,Moony Suzuki,The Stills, Supergrass, The Super Furry Animals, T Rex, Tom Petty, Travis, The Verve, Muse, Crowded House, The Libertines

Hendrix,The Manic Street Preachers, The Clash,Interpol,
The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, The Ramones, The Pixies, Radiohead, The Frames, The Smiths, RedHotChilliPeppers, XTC, REM, Led Zeppelin, Pulp, Oasis, The Rolling Stones
You have excellent taste. I love 90% of that stuff.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:34 PM   #29
War Child

death cab for cutie, the beatles, sunny day real estate, copeland, postal service, sleeping at last, jimmy eat world, mae, rilo kiley, bright eyes, led zeppelin, the who, muse, the killers, david bowie, bob dylan, the clash, rolling stones, weezer, ben folds, cheap trick, coldplay, collective soul, goo goo dolls, dave matthews band, the shins, the good life, further seems forever, oasis, rem, snow patrol, something corporate, beach boys, simon and garfunkle, appleseed cast, third eye blind, the cure
Old 03-12-2005, 10:37 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

there's so many shitty bands named here, i think you'd be better off emailing me, and a select few others if you really want good answers.

bryan adams? semisonic?

are you people for real?