If you had to choose only one of these RHCP CDs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which do you like more?

• Californication

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Jupiter - Disc 1 of Stadium Arcadium

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
...which one would you pick?

a. Californication

OR

b. Stadium Arcadium 'Disc 1 - Jupiter'

I'm doing a 5 point evaluation cos it's fun. :wink:

CALIFORNICATION
1. Around the World - 5
2. Parallel Universe - 4.5
3. Scar Tissue - 5
4. Otherside - 5
5. Get on Top - 4.5
6. Californication - 5
7. Easily - 5
8. Porcelain - 4.5
9. Emit Remmus - 4
10. I Like Dirt - 3
11. This Velvet Glove - 5
12. Savior - 5
13. Purple Stain - 5
14. Right on Time - 4.5
15. Road Trippin' - 5

Average Score = 4.67

STADIUM ARCADIUM 'JUPITER'
1. Dani California - 4.5
2. Snow ((Hey Oh)) - 5
3. Charlie - 5
4. Stadium Arcadium - 5
5. Hump de Bump - 5
6. She's Only 18 - 4.5
7. Slow Cheetah - 5
8. Torture Me - 5
9. Strip My Mind - 3.5
10. Especially in Michigan - 5
11. Warlocks - 5
12. C'mon Girl - 5
13. Wet Sand - 5
14. Hey - 5

Average Score = 4.82

Jupiter wins for me, although I love both!

Jupiter, no brainer.

I think that everything since BSSM (including this one) is awesome. I don't get people who say they suck since 1991...

Maybe By The Way is the weakest but... c'mon... Dosed :drool: :drool: :drool: , Zephyr song, don't forget me, throw away your television, can't stop...

Jupiter :up:

It was a tough choice since I love Californication, Scar Tissue, and Otherside to death.

But Jupiter is just solid and spectactular at parts.

bonosgirl84 said:

you meant to say "mother's milk" right? :wink:

I actually like Mother's Milk a lot, I just wouldn't say it's a must own. Everything post Blood Sugar seems watered down RHCP to me. Everything people say about 00's U2 and how they write to make hits is how I feel about RHCP.

Wow, I'm surprised that people are saying Jupiter without even thinking twice. Granted, it's a great album but Californication is really fucking good too! :drool:

yeah, Californication IS great, and it always gives me a feeling of nostalgia, along with By the Way, because I remember when those songs were on the radio (I'll always remember waking up in Iceland hearing Scar Tissue on the radio...bizarre experience). but Jupiter is their best disc, imo. Yes, I like it even more than BSSM. I don't have any of their earlier stuff though. Call me crazy but I prefer songs like Slow Cheetah and Wet Sand to the funk :shrug:

AtomicBono said:
I don't have any of their earlier stuff though.

If you'd like to give their funkier old school material a try, get that compilation titled 'What Hits?!' It's usually available for real cheap (I found it for 9 bucks at a Walmart) and it's actually really good! :drool:

Californication by quite a landslide

not a big Stadium Arcadium fan
something is missing for me

i chose jupiter, but i struggled to make the decision.

I would however take BSSM over Jupiter - I love Jupiter so you know how I feel about BSSM - it's a must own

Salome said:
Californication by quite a landslide

not a big Stadium Arcadium fan
something is missing for me

Same here. I was beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with me because I am so shocked by the responses. I guess I do need to give SA more listening time, though.

I like these lines...

Porcelain
Do you carry the moon in your womb
Someone said that you're fading too soon
Drifting and floating and fading away

Come to think of it, it's kinda U2-ey. :uhoh:

I think the lyrics are nice, but it's sooooo draaawwwwn ouuuuuut. :wink:

joyfulgirl said:

Same here. I was beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with me because I am so shocked by the responses. I guess I do need to give SA more listening time, though.

Yeah I originally had this problem with StArc as well.

Basically my advice is to look at it like you would look at a Franz Ferdinand album. Not as an album, but as an awesome collection of songs all in one place that you can rearrange and play with however you like.

It makes a lot more sense like that.

PlaTheGreat said:

Me either!!!
TWINZ.

:drool:

Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I actually like Mother's Milk a lot, I just wouldn't say it's a must own. Everything post Blood Sugar seems watered down RHCP to me. Everything people say about 00's U2 and how they write to make hits is how I feel about RHCP.

I see the Chili Peppers' output from 1999 (OHM does nothing for me) and onwards as growth, not regression. They might not be playing quite so many funky grooves anymore, and they might not have the same kind of musical synergy they once had, but I think their actual song writing is eons better now than it was then. Even though their stuff is a bit poppier, I think it's still better than most pop-rock around these days...including U2. By The Way has some of the greatest melodies they've ever written, in my view. Stadium Arcadium...not so much, but I still think it's good. And Anthony has gotten so much better.

However, all that said, BSSM will always be number one with me. It has some lyrical flaws and some of the melodies are a bit meh, but they were at their tightest with that album. All the instruments worked so well with one another.

Edited for being confusing. :huh:

Last edited:
PlaTheGreat said:

You're always confusing. :huh:

Must be from all that pot you smoke while listening to DSOTM. :tsk:

Must be. :tsk:
grumpyjoint.gif

Back
Top Bottom