If you don't know....................then DESCRIBE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^heh that'd be cool...although i hope they either get back in studio or tour to places they don't usually tour like asia, eastern europe, etc. Or they could just play in Atlanta every night for the rest of their lives, I wouldn't mind that either :drool:

john: so maybe you could do something in business or finance...

we have six classes a day, 5 of which are the required math, science, lit/comp, social studies/history, and foreign language in freshman year. by the time i'm in my senior year i'll have completed all my requirements to graduate in math, science, and foreign language...but it's really reccomended to take well above the requirements for graduation, and to take some form of these classes all 4 years (you get more choices as to which kind of math, science, etc as you get older). so basically you have one free period every year for a random class (or 2 if they are semester long) to suit your interests and everything. but a lot of people won't take foreign language as a senior to make room for something else, etc..

VertigoGal said:
john: so maybe you could do something in business or finance...

we have six classes a day, 5 of which are the required math, science, lit/comp, social studies/history, and foreign language in freshman year. by the time i'm in my senior year i'll have completed all my requirements to graduate in math, science, and foreign language...but it's really reccomended to take well above the requirements for graduation, and to take some form of these classes all 4 years (you get more choices as to which kind of math, science, etc as you get older). so basically you have one free period every year for a random class (or 2 if they are semester long) to suit your interests and everything. but a lot of people won't take foreign language as a senior to make room for something else, etc..

We have to take all the subjects for the 2 year leaving cert course

And the only subject we get to pick in the Junior cycle is French or Spanish the rest are forced

But I only do one business subject which could make it hard

^ Ye we have one, I have only been to her once, it was to pick my subjects for the leaving cert course, I have to go to her again towards the end of the year

We done this test in first year, and the results were hidden but she trold me my Math score was brilliant

And a test we done in third year, but me in the top 30% (I think) of the country in everything in the test, and I got in the top 1% in one thing and unlike the others who got it in my year, I didn't cheat :wink:

that's great :applaud:

i'm pretty much the same way as you...my friends (including my asian friends) call me an asian. :lol:

i would just talk to her, it seems like with all the required classes, no one could expect you take a bunch of business classes too...you've got college to specialize anyway, right?

^^ Well I could have taken business subjects, but I had no idea I would excell so much in accounting. And I love History so much I could never drop it, and Physics is a cool class

The choices we got sucked, well not really, but I wasn't prepared to pick and I went for what I thought I liked best and feel like keeping it that way

^yeah so many fun classes, right? haha...i wouldn't worry too much...i don't know what it's like over there, but i'd imagine high school/secondary school is a good place to take a variety of interesting classes, then you can specialize more in college.

are your universities more general, or is there a certain business one that you need to get into?

Zootlesque said:
I sometimes wonder if this is a DESCRIBE thread or a DISCUSS IN DETAIL one. :wink:

j/k :p

:lol: yeah i'm sort of a :nerd: if you didn't pick up on that (i'm not a loser....just a nerd alright! :madwife: )

so I tend to write essays pretty much on whatever topic we're on.

I'm like that at school too..we read Animal Farm for the 4920832nd time and on the test we had a simple essay question..but i accidentally went into an in depth analysis of the causes and effects of the russian revolution :uhoh:

Last edited:
Slane, first U2 DVD I ever saw, watched it soon after listening to ATYCLB for the first time, who knew my dad had such great music

^Welcome back

^ I had only heard one U2 album at the time

Other great father son moments, watching The UF video thing and Redrocks at 3am

I remember that I first heard ATYCLB the week before I went to Mexico when I was 8. I absolutely hated it but my mom made us listen to it in the car :lmao: This was exactly 5 1/2 years ago :) By the time it was summer and we were going on our next road trip, I made them buy me (or made sure that we had) every U2 CD and as many DVDs as possible....around that time I was really into the ZooTV DVD and my little brother dressed up as The Fly :lmao:

P.S. My entire family :love:'s U2 :drool:

^^^ My dad went with me

And my mother is sort of a fan, she seen them in 87 and 97, one with her friend were she sprained her ankle and one with my dad, I remember the nigth they went in 97

^^ Hey :wave:

^ My first thoughts on ATYCLB were OMG the first four and last track are amazing

VertigoGal said:

:lol: yeah i'm sort of a :nerd: if you didn't pick up on that (i'm not a loser....just a nerd alright! :madwife: )

aww, you're not a loser or a nerd. Rather you sound intelligent in most of your posts! :love:

Beth! :lmao: you don't own Slane either, do you? :tongue:

I used to hate U2 so much that I would scream and yell and cover my ears whenever my mom put it on :reject: :tsk: :shame: :crazy:

I can't believe I ever did that :reject: :lol:

And now my friends just call me obsessive whenever I talk about them :laugh:

^^ I fell asleep when I first heard the best of 90's

^ The first real U2 exposer was Rattle and Hum ont he tele, it got one star and I thought, "That reviewer is isnane, how could somethign with music so good be one star"

VG, we can be nerds together :nerd: :happy:
My first U2 album was Best of 90-00. My boyfriend at the time bought it for me, even though I was really angry at him about it, since i'd told him a million times how much I didn't like U2.

< crazy distracted by podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom