If you don't know....................then DESCRIBE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^smarty :wink:

so it's a points system? that's interesting...we have honors classes as well. in my state you get 7 points added to your final grade (out of 100), but colleges take that off when considering applications anyway so it's pointless. but they do look at the difficulty of your schedule and honors classes prepare you better for the SAT which is a really important test that schools look at (unrelated to whether you pass/fail high school though)

then there's AP classes which are college course you can take in high school...you take a final as well as an AP exam which is out of 5. if you get a 4 or 5 most colleges will actually give you credit for that class so it's one less you have to take in college...even if you don't, as long as you pass it is good because they still like kids that take harder classes.

also they add half a point to your GPA which is out of 4 (a=4, b=3, etc)

very confusing :lmao:

Bye Kayla :wave:

I saw the Slane dvd today for 15 bucks at Circuit City but didn't get it. I'm gonna try to look for an even better deal :shifty:

^^^^^^
At our final exam you take a exam in every subject you do

It is usually 7 (6 for non-nationals) but I do 8

At honours level a A1 is worth a 100 points
And the lowest pass a D3 is worth 40 points

At ordinary level a A1 is worth 60 points
And a D3 is worth 5 points

Your highest 6 subjects are taken so max is 600 points

And you need so many points to get into a course in college (plus a pass in Irish, Maths, and a extra language)

The average for colleges in Dublin is in the 300's

To do Law or Medicane you need 550 +

^^ :uhoh:

yeah, I'm gonna buy it soon. :D

There's just too many cd's and dvd's I want to get... but not enough cash! :mad: :sigh:

that's cool irishteen...I think I would like a system like that because it takes into account how hard your schedule is.

for ex we have GPA's which are your Grade point average...A=4, B=3, C=2 etc...so no matter which course it is or how high or low of an B it is, you'll get a 3. the avg for the better schools can be as high as 3.7-3.8. But getting a B in an AP class is amazing, yet you only get a 3.5 (plus .5 for AP classes)

then there's the SATs which are now out of 2400...800 each for reading, writing (essay) and math. I actually don't mind that because I'm good at that type of test, I got in the 99th percentile of juniors on the practice one and i'm a freshman :nerd:

anyway sorry to bore you but I want to go to college really bad, preferably out of state...but tuition is so expensive out of state so i must be nerdy and get a scholarship :rockon:

be right back, ive gotta do the dishes....

My teachers are already making me take parts of the CAPT tests (taken in 10th grade) :grumpy: Are those only in CT or everywhere??

^^ It isn't boring, it is interesting

I want to go to college/uni as well, I have no fixed idea what I want to do, maybe I should of picked better subjects, my subjects are English, Irish, Maths,(all of which forced) French (forced to do language) Physics, Accounting, History, And Applied Mathematics

Guys, have you tried listening to WOWY followed by Gone (both album versions)? The transition is awesome! :love:

Irishteen said:
^^ It isn't boring, it is interesting

I want to go to college/uni as well, I have no fixed idea what I want to do, maybe I should of picked better subjects, my subjects are English, Irish, Maths,(all of which forced) French (forced to do language) Physics, Accounting, History, And Applied Mathematics

hmm...which classes are your favs? i love history and politics and stuff but it's hard to say what career to pursue just from that.

that sucks that you've got to take irish and another foreign language. we're only required one although i guess theyre more important in europe :shrug:

bye sarah, have fun with that essay :wave:

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:

zootles is always on either U2 overload or U2 hangover :lol:

That's true actually! :lol:

After a week break and listening to a ton of REM, I'm once again back and addicted as ever to the Blue Crack :crack:

:wave: Sarah

sooo..is it just me, or is anyone pumped that U2 are playing in monterrey tomorrow night? yes i won't exactly be there but i'm glad they're finally going to central/south america and i can't wait to see what songs they'll play on this leg :dancing:

VertigoGal said:

hmm...which classes are your favs? i love history and politics and stuff but it's hard to say what career to pursue just from that.

that sucks that you've got to take irish and another foreign language. we're only required one although i guess theyre more important in europe :shrug:

My favourites are History (Most interesting) and Accounting (Easiest) appartently I am the only one in my accounting class how finds it easy

My favourite teacher is my Maths, Physics, and Applied Maths teacher, him and his painfully bad puns

We only have a few subjects to pick from

French/Spanish

And Accounting/Music/Chemistry
Physics/Art/Business
History/Biology/Geography

And extra subjects offered German and Applied Maths

I think they are the three blocks we get to pick from

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom