If you don't know....................then DESCRIBE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
okay...that's similar to our system except that our middle school (junior cycle) is 3 years and our high school (senior cycle) is 4 years...anyway youd be a junior here.

is it true that in ireland your grades are only based on final exams and not on any of your coursework? :drool:

why would axver hate you kayla?

^^^ Irish school system

Primary School (8 years, started at ages 4-5 sometimes 6)
Secondary School (5-6 years started ages 12-13 sometimes 14)

And all grades except History, which has a project count towards the leaving cert grade, are based on the final exam

VertigoGal said:
ehh sports are overrated, i only do it cos i'm a disgusting pig and i need to counterbalance my chocolate eating habits

I've only eaten healthy for the last 2 1/2 weeks :happy: :hyper:

:sad: x infinity

I have to go...................I'm supposed to be "sick" and I got to stay home from church and my parents are gonna be home soon

:hug: x infinity....................:wave: bye *deep breath* VG, Sarah, Kayla and John

Irishteen said:
^^^ Irish school system

Primary School (8 years, started at ages 4-5 sometimes 6)
Secondary School (5-6 years started ages 12-13 sometimes 14)

And all grades except History, which has a project count towards the leaving cert grade, are based on the final exam

Lucky :drool:

Maybe I'll move to Ireland :hmm: :lol:

Irishteen said:

It isn't lucky it puts way too much pressure on the final exam

You're still lucky..... a ton of pressure is put on final exams either which way :grumpy: Therefore I would rather have it the way you do in Ireland :)

circa1992 said:

You're still lucky..... a ton of pressure is put on final exams either which way :grumpy: Therefore I would rather have it the way you do in Ireland :)

Well you will see, when I go for a panic attack in the leaving cert and ruin my life :wink:

^^^ You will never leave :lol:

VertigoGal said:
bye kara :wave:

the thing is some subjects i could study for a few weeks and do well on the final exam...but here we're forced to do stupidass assignments/projects/tests all year for no reason :rant:

Exactly :yell:

Is highschool super super hard? (Be honest)

VertigoGal said:
bye kara :wave:

the thing is some subjects i could study for a few weeks and do well on the final exam...but here we're forced to do stupidass assignments/projects/tests all year for no reason :rant:

We do tests as well but they don't matter, I could fail every test and it wouldn;t make a difference, except I would be kicked out of honours level and put in ordinary and I couldn't afford to only do ordinary level in the leaving cert

circa1992 said:

Exactly :yell:

Is highschool super super hard? (Be honest)

NO. but I am a freshman. I'm sure it will get more difficult since I plan on taking a lot of AP courses. But we supposedly have the most rigorous cirriculum in the state...and I swear it's so easy I could pass in my sleep. I have a 98 avg without my honors points added. :yawn:

irishteen...so your tests/coursework do determine whether you're in honors, i guess that makes somewhat of a difference...i'm still jealous though because a lot of assignments we get are idiotic and don't help you learn the subject anyway :tsk:

^ Well the smarter people, do honours, it is a harder course level, the coruse work is harder, the exams are harder, but in the leaving cert a A1 in honours is worth a hundred points, and in ordinary a A1 is 60 points

I do honours in 7 subjects and ordinary in 1

VertigoGal said:

NO. but I am a freshman. I'm sure it will get more difficult since I plan on taking a lot of AP courses. But we supposedly have the most rigorous cirriculum in the state...and I swear it's so easy I could pass in my sleep. I have a 98 avg without my honors points added. :yawn:

irishteen...so your tests/coursework do determine whether you're in honors, i guess that makes somewhat of a difference...i'm still jealous though because a lot of assignments we get are idiotic and don't help you learn the subject anyway :tsk:

I hate how all the teachers are making such a big deal out of highschool :grumpy: They decided they wanted to give us extra projects/assignments/papers/tests/quizzes all the the same time to prepare us :yell:

Like I'm a straight A student and I manage my time really well...I'm usually the example student in all of my classes (said by my teachers), I don't need the extra work to "prepare" me :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom