If you could make a wish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now, my one selfish wish would be more money and/or dental insurance. One of my teeth broke a few months ago after being so painful I haven't chewed on my right side in almost a year. I'm broke from just finishing a $100,000 education, no dental insurance, and my parents told me I have to cancel all my dentist appts because my brother's mouth racked up too many charges. Every day I stress that my tooth will abcess....

i would wish that all of my friends and people i care about lived within 20 miles of me so i could see them whenever i wanted to.

I would wish for more family unity (love one another, blah blah). how can we expect world peace if we can't even solve the issues at home?

my selfish wish would be for gas prices to go back down. :down:

angelordevil said:

:up:

An end to the cruelty we show to other humans would be great, as well.

I think that human cruelty begins with animals. Jails are filled with atrocious individuals who began their lives on their pets or whatever. Not to say all people who dislike animals end up criminals, but certainly many criminals started out this way. It takes a special lack of compassion to not love animals. Same lack of compassion it takes to be a cold hearted soul who disconnects and cannot love freely. As well as being a control and power issue for both.

^ well said! <3
btw, sorry, this is off topic, but i just had to tell you that i LOVE your username! it's so clever!
and that it's hilarious that you've been registered since 1969 ^___________^

I would wish that we could go back in time and our (US) Administration would have not invaded Iraq and would have concentrated FIRST on bringing the real perpatraitors for 9/11 to justice and crushing Al Qeada around the world.

I wish my Gov't didn't lie about reason's to attack Iraq like WMD's, Saddam's connections to Al Qeada or such.

I wish that the US would not have the huge debt we face because of this war and our children will have to pay for it because the wrong thinking that only a few had made.

tuwie said:
^ well said! <3
btw, sorry, this is off topic, but i just had to tell you that i LOVE your username! it's so clever!

Err, 1969..? :confused:

Oh lol I see it now! Yeah that is hilarious :wink:

Right now I wish for a good night's rest tonight...

Last edited:
LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Right now, my one selfish wish would be more money and/or dental insurance. One of my teeth broke a few months ago after being so painful I haven't chewed on my right side in almost a year. I'm broke from just finishing a $100,000 education, no dental insurance, and my parents told me I have to cancel all my dentist appts because my brother's mouth racked up too many charges. Every day I stress that my tooth will abcess....

I was afraid of sounding a bit crazy with saying that I wish for dental insurance. Would definitely be something that I want if I could have nothing else just for myself. If it weren't for my bf than I wouldn't even be able to get my cleanings done. Stress all of the time that I won't be able to get a couple of fillings I really need. Hope you are able to get your tooth taken care of and that it doesn't get abcessed :hug: Can completely sympathize with what you are going through.

Bonosgirl that really is a great wish that you came up with :)

Many of my wishes are things that I'm working to get them... but If you talk about real "wishes"...

I really wish that my grandpa didn't die some weeks ago. I truly believe that the loss of my grandma and the awful situation with my aunts didn't help :(. the last time I saw him was in christmas, and he was healthy, I spent time with him and I realized how alone he was, surrounded by the bitches of my aunts (and their husbands) trying to take all the things from him. I'm so disgusted by all this situation.

Angela Harlem said:

Same lack of compassion it takes to be a cold hearted soul who disconnects and cannot love freely. As well as being a control and power issue for both.

I agree. I think compassion towards animals is a very important characteristic to have. I mean, we are animals when it comes right down to it.

My wish (and I guess I wish it wasn't just a wish) is that I could match the ambition I feel in my heart...as super corny as that sounds. Ambition not in terms of career, etc, but in terms of making the world a better place.

I'm so sorry about this Muggsy... :hug:

Situations like that can just break you inside.. Especially when those aunts (and husbands) acted like that... Why can't people just put their egos aside for once and start acting like real human beings? :(

(^ another wish I guess...)

I would wish for people to be able to understand me. There are aspects of my personality that most people I've come across just don't get. Which is normal. They're the kinds of things you can't easily 'get' unless you're the same way.

The six winning numbers on tomorrows lottery, but knowing my luck, I'd probably have a heart attack if they came in.

For myself: to get an agent OR to finally decide to work full time to pursue my dream and become what I'm supposed to be when I grow up (I'm almost 36...I'll get there someday!)

For the universe/other people: a realization that other people ar just that: PEOPLE! Once we stop thinking of one another as some sort of place markers, we might learn how to find some empathy.

All these dreams/wishes are just so great...

Not only for the world, but also for yourselves!! :)

I hope that they all come true... I guess that's my wish for the moment :hmm:

tuwie said:
^ well said! <3

:lol: thank you :D i was thinking the other day i want to change my username. it's novelty has worn off for me now lol.

Back
Top Bottom